vitos dual stage reeds

mystahagy

Feb 27, 2008
Corpus Christi, TX
Well this past weekend was a big deal for me and my friends. We were spending the whole weekend at an ATV park. Motocross, trails, rivers, this place has it all and that's why we spend the $$$ and go to it almost monthly. Most of the time I'm on the LTR, but the blaster is still a lot of fun to have and my girl rides it when I'm on the other. We get there Friday evening and have a great nighttime trail ride with friends for a couple hours. Suddenly the blaster loses all its oomph. The Vito's dual stage reeds let go after less than 10 hours of use, and the blaster sat parked for the rest of the weekend. I read mixed reviews before purchasing, but now I'll add myself to the dissatisfied list. Maybe they are more prone to failure for not using the stock metal backing? Either way, bad news.

P1000494.jpg

Man, that does suck. I was thinking of trying them out.

They must have used some cheap ass carbon pre-preg or not pressure cooked it right to reach maximum strength.

For a cheap alternative, I've been running boyesen 2 stage reeds since January with zero problems. Others on here like them as well.

it looks like your reeds burned or caught on fire like it was caused by to high of transfer port timing or the reverse pulse from the pipe is timed wrong, the same thing happened to my 250r back in the day

it looks like your reeds burned or caught on fire like it was caused by to high of transfer port timing or the reverse pulse from the pipe is timed wrong, the same thing happened to my 250r back in the day

hmm, F7 pipe on stock timing. Haven't look at the flywheel key to see if it's skipped, but it's a thought.

call them up tell them to replace it as its defective ..they probably get them from China for 40 cents a petal

couldnt that be caused by something else? not just the reeds failing? my dual stage power reeds, not those carbon flex ones are(were) great. sold em to fabb and i belive there still working great. that must just have been a defective one so like flotek said, just call em up.

ya maybe they were defective call get you money back or a different set.. im satisfied with mine with over 20hrs they still work and look just like day 1

Here's something to think about. The tank of fuel that was currently burning had a small amount of Seafoam added to it. No crazy amount, in fact less than what's recommended on the bottle. My garage had many cool mornings and hot days, and sometimes condensation builds up. Once in awhile I'll add some to clean the fuel system and remove water. This was the first use of Seafoam for these reeds, so maybe the carbon fiber and fiberglass materials were softened by the chemical. It's a longshot, but just something for others to consider.

so have yo u called and seen if theyll work with you on this problem yet ?

I've got the boyeseen dual stage reeds, they're a good alternative to vf3's if you don't wanna spend the money, i noticed a difference with mine, and i'm very impressed for what i paid for them, and i used their rev-plate and not the stock one, works great. just my 2cents

we just bought a pair of these & i dont intend on using the supplied backing bar. i wouldnt say he has a defective part, i would have to say the reed flutterd at high RPM's causing a fracture. though they are on the thin side, i do think the stock backing should serve these reeds well. then again if it does fail ill make sure i have a few fake credit cards for replacement reed repair. I:I