Vito's +3 crank issue-piece of sh*t product.

nd jat,i wasn't insulted at all,i just hate all them f*cking ass holes that think just because they can spell better then me there better machnices..
English isn't my native language any way so..
the bearings you got are probably were wrong because the small crank bearing is a special size bearing.
its still a crank issue and i don't really give a f*ck if you believe me or not..
just wanted to help...

manufacturing and shipping can cause a lot of variables...was everything else in spec on the crank?? hell, most oem yamaha cranks are pushing or past runnout specs brand new. any precision part that is probably made in one country, shipped to another, then bounced around 4 different warehose and reshiped 2 or 3 times by the Universal Pulvirization Service before it gets to your hands should be checks for specs tolerances before assembly anyways. was the web spacing/ rod spacing and freeplay within specs?

since when does the left and right hand crank bearings have anything to do with the crank? other than the crank sliding through them when assembling the cases ,so if you bought a koyo bearing and it wouldn't fit sounds like a bearing issue. 2nd question did you use a crank assembly tool to install the crank? or did you use a hammer? 3rd last time i checked vitos doesn't manufacture cases or koyo bearings. 4th why didn't you get a stock measurement bearing so you had a reference point, to see if the bearing you bought were the correct size????????

thanks blaster hp there is nothing wrong with the crank its a bearing issue and if you had to turn it down (WHICH YOU CANT) You purchased the wrong parts when you slam a companies parts lets make sure we are slamming the right ones thats all, and those cranks could never be moved during shipping.

im not to clear on the problem... .but you definatly need to call vitos first, and go from there.

i have sold many vitos stroker cranks with no issues that i am aware of.

they are not supposed to need ANY machining to the cases, not for the rod, or the bearings.... they are a straight drop in

what does it have to do with the crank bearings?
well lets see..
if the bearing is too high the crank presses on the bearings right?
right..
i did use the koyo bearing for reference and even got the stock bearing back just to check and it still wasn't right.
i did use a crank assembly tool and i didn't hammer it.
and if you don't think that you can turn down bearings well..
your just dumb.
and if the crank is too thick it sure as hell vito's problem.

lets put an ned to this dillema once and for all ,put a set of micrometers on the crankshaft and post the measurement up

im not to clear on the problem... .but you definatly need to call vitos first, and go from there.

i have sold many vitos stroker cranks with no issues that i am aware of.

they are not supposed to need ANY machining to the cases, not for the rod, or the bearings.... they are a straight drop in[/QUOi
if there a straight up just drop in and go im gonna have to do that this winter how much do they run pm me woodward

WEird...i have installed 2 vitos and never had any issues..u shouldnt have to grind the case either , the rod should not hit and the only correct way to check is with the piston and cylinder installed and a peice of puddy between the 2 so u can check clearance...stop the bashing...i have bought plenty of sh*t from vitos, never a problem..

well the vitos cranks are good, but the vitos bearings are junk, ask any reputable builder, always use yamaha, jmo, and i don't see why you have to do this, usually with the 3 you will only need to grind down the case,weird

well bearing races are made of D2 chrome steel composite they are very very hard at around 60-65 rockwell ,a typical cobalt or HSS cutter is not even that hard so yeah it would need ground or burned .

Ill post pics with the micrometer to show that the crank is thicker and some pics of how you can turn down a bearing

personally the thought of grinding or turning a bearing scares me..it would be an option of extreme last resort.... precission surfaces just dont like metal dust and shavings... I have seen what a just a tiny bit of sand can do.....

When I did mine I found that BOTH bearings are special and they are made to YAMAHA's specs and they are ONLY made by KOYO, that's why I got mine from Yamaha.
Lets see those pictures of the bearings against the stone on the bench grinder.

turning a bearing is tough I wouldn't do it, hell the tooling would cost more than a bearing and I believe Vitos sells KOYO as a blaster bearing, thats why I was confused with the wrong bearing, call Vito's and talk to Lane he will help you out, if its Vito's fault they will refund your money or give you a new part, no bench grinders!

heck it would be nice to find bearings with a slightly oversized O,D. I have a set of cases from 88 that are wasted simply because the bottom end has been done so many times the bearings dont fit anymore......

would you put up pics of your screw ups you had...like that you put the wrong bearings in your motor, or installed them wrong? my bet is that after he got a pair koyo or stock bearing w/e that his motor went together fine and hes got nothing to show.