Vito`s dual stage carbon reeds

v10

Jul 16, 2014
Are vitos dual stage carbon supposed to look like this on one side? or did i just received a defective one?
forum.jpg

On my phone so viewing is limited...but are they not reaching the bottom of the cage opening ?
If so, that not correct and I doubt it will even start like that.
Also...lose that little metal retaining tab supplied with them and put the stock curved reed stops back on, or be prepared to walk home someday when a petal breaks.

is the stock curved reed stops really needed ? i've been riding my blaster like this for years now and didn't have any problems. i changed the reeds because i saw a crack on the old ones.
4forum.jpg

Boy you have been tempting providence, and got away with it.

It is very hard to believe that those screws have not pulled through with no plates at all.

I sure hope you use new screws with the new reeds, those ones are an abortion.

Double check your installation, might be something under them.

I also run mine without stops, just the bars. Fair amount of time on the Blaster and lots on the Banshee, no problems.
Just another "opinion" type thing.
I somehow misplaced one of the bars for the Blaster so I dug out the old stops, should have used one stop and one bar, would have been an ideal test of "opinions".

Be sure to use a bit of blue loctite on the screws.

The reed on the other side was fine. i always use loctite threadlocker on all of the bolts. New screws were used. (that one make me laugh. they are an abortion!). is there a way to install them? specs? or i just eye ball them to be in place?

banshee reed cages are smaller than blaster's
i'm betting you got one set of blaster and the short ones are banshee.
i'd email vito's with that pic and see if they'll ship you the correct petals

After confirming with all of you . I sent an email to the seller and this was his response!

(That's the first time I’ve ever seen that. I’m sending a replacement out today. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

Thanks for all your help! lets hope for the best!