Vipers Blaster full rebuild

What pipe?
List all of your current engine mods (pipe, reeds, carb, airbox, air filter, lid on/off)

LEAK TEST!!!

You must perform leak test if you havent since you had the engine apart... And you should anyways I:I

What pipe?
List all of your current engine mods (pipe, reeds, carb, airbox, air filter, lid on/off)

LEAK TEST!!!

You must perform leak test if you havent since you had the engine apart... And you should anyways I:I

Once I get it all bolted together I plan to leak test, I do with all the truck/car engines I build up :)

For the pipe, I am thinking a FMF, right now it doesn't have one! I don't know much about 2stroke engines, but I did hear somewhere that 2strokes need backpressure? My friend has a stock pipe of a raptor he said I could use until I can get a better pipe. So I will probably just go with the raptor one for now.

Raptor pipe won't fit. You need a two stroke pipe for a blaster.. the way a2 stroke pipe is designed it pushes fuel back into the cylinder using sound waves believe it or not. And vice versa.. check in the fore sale thread on here it on e bay for a good blaster pipe. A choice on pipe is going to depend on your riding style and budget.. Also you may be confusing a leak test with a compression test..

I got a DG im about to put up for sale... If you just want a cheap one until you have $ for fmf, pm me if you are interested I:I :p

Raptor pipe won't fit. You need a two stroke pipe for a blaster.. the way a2 stroke pipe is designed it pushes fuel back into the cylinder using sound waves believe it or not. And vice versa.. check in the fore sale thread on here it on e bay for a good blaster pipe. A choice on pipe is going to depend on your riding style and budget.. Also you may be confusing a leak test with a compression test..

ok. that is good to know. I will keep my eyes open for a blaster pipe for now until I can afford a FMF. Money is a little tight right now due to my job moving in 2weeks. I also need to find new rims, the current ones are pretty bent/beat up. The frame of the wheeler is straight though, I did have it checked last year.

I got everything together. Replaced all the bolts with allen bolts rather then the normal hex kind. Some of the hex bolts rounded out. I think it is mostly together. I have ordered new oil seals. So I think I am getting most everything.

Quick question - according to the manual there is no gasket that it speaks of which goes between the two case halves, is this true? It looks like the previous owner used some type of gasket to seal the case halves.

Just a few pictures I took this morning....
Engine shot (waiting for new clutch)
wp000944.jpg

I noticed last night when I removed the front tire that the hub seemed to be alittle loose. Not like a wheel bearing loose, but the actual hub. I checked the manual and there is no washer before the nut that holds the hub on. As you can see from the pictures, theres a good quarter of an inch play in the drum. Is this just because the washer is not there?
(Yes I know its all rusted to hell, it did go through Hurricane Irene :eek: )

wp000943m.jpg

wp000942.jpg

Quick Update --
I got ITP rims and tires given to me. They are in much better shape then my stock ones.
I also was given a 32mm Mikuni carb since the stock carb is missing a lot of pieces. I read I would have to re-jet it, but it would work.

Also ordered
-shorty clutch perch & lever
-tusk clutch cable

With the 32mm carb, what jets should I start out with? Curious so before I put it in I can put jets in that will get it to atleast start, then go from there. Also - its missing the bottom plug in the bowl, anyone know if thats a pipe thread or what thread pitch it is?

All stock, just rebuilt the engine with new seals, bearings. Otherwise its all stock, stock pipe, filter. New clutch.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with that carb but until you get a pipe and what other mods you are going to have you really wont know what jets you should need.

Hey there is a member on here selling a hydro brake conversion. If you have the xtra $ that's a great up grade...

I'm not familiar with that carb but until you get a pipe and what other mods you are going to have you really wont know what jets you should need.

Thanks. I am just going to run the stock pipe for now. I almost have everything together - been busy this week so I don't think I will be able to get it finished until next week.

Anyone know what size screw that is used to hold that crank bearing holder ? I did not see it on the parts manual that I have.
Also - will anything from a VM26 or VM28 work with my VM32 carb? Like the jets, bowl, float, etc ?