Very odd compression problem

Yes sir I just got done riding it.. Matter a fact I raced my friends 400ex and won so it has some power. And what do u meen too snug for comfort?

The best guess If I am to feel that the specs are right and the gaskets are good and tight torq.

If it has not broken in yet, the rings not seated yet.

Sporty

Well I did the break in procedure and this is at half a tank on the second tank of fuel.. Maybe it hasn't broken in yet.. Honestly that's a possibility because I don't ride the blaster very hard to break it in. And I don't have a leak down tester so I'll have to get one sometime, that's a necessity. I'm around 3000ft

To answer previous questions. Yes I did wait till the gauge stopped moving and I did it full throttle. I did the test twice. It read dead on 90

The correction puts you at 110 PSI sea level compression.
I'm at 4500 feet and had 112 PSI which was actually 127 PSI at sea level.

REMEMBER THIS >>> Every manual on the planet is written for sea level altitude!

Your compression isn't terrible. Ride it a bit (not like a pussy willow),and see if it gets better. I would also shoot a squirt or two of oil in the spark plug hole and re-test. See how much of a change there is.

I would also be interested in the measurement of your cylinder....size,taper,over all condition.

The compression reading your getting is your "static compression" > big deal

The compression ratio is always changing in a two stroke anyway when its running.

I had a similar issue. I went a bought a junk harbor freight tester. I could only get 90psi out of it. I knew there was no way the was right. Borrowed a snap on from work and bingo. 180. Took that junk tester back and bought a craftsman.

Wow I appreciate that guys I really do. And maybe it is the tester because I have a harbor freight one aswell.i will go try the drop of oil thing. And if it's the same the ftw I'm gonna ride it. Lol

Problems solved!!! I used my dads craftsman tester and it read 125 psi. Thank you guys for all the help and suggestions! Well a word of wisdom now lol don't go cheap on a compression tester.