V-Force 3's and Moto Tassinari

Nov 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
V F O R C E 3 U P D A T E ! ! !

First off I wanna thank Awk and Slick for the help and suggestions with my reed problem. I finally missed my vf3's enough that I called Moto Tassinari and talked to someone about my problem I was having with their reeds. It turns out that I had the clip in between my reeds and cylinder that the reed cage snaps into and I needed the other piece that goes in between the stock intake manifold and the reedcage to keep tension on the cage. They were nice enough to send me what looked to be new reed petals, a new reed cage, and the part I didn't have. We all know Moto Tassinari makes great products, and from my experience they also have great customer service and will stand behind their product as well as their customers. I would absolutely recommend this product as well as this company to anyone in search of performance, reliability and complete satisfaction !

Awesome! Now port them for increased flow! I really like how they performed on the first ride complimented all the other work done!

I am happy with opening them up, they look like a stock cage now with 4 sets of petals and no SCREWS!

I wish I didn't have to even use that piece that keeps the reed cage in place between the reeds and manifold. When I bough my blaster last October my vf3's didn't have that piece and I never had a problem and I rode hard. After I blew my motor I took my reeds off and when I put them back on in march I couldn't go more then 3 rides without my upper or lower reed petals poppin out ( even when I super glued the part where the notch is to the reed cage. ) This got me thinkin MAYBE the kid I bought my blaster from did something or figured out a way to secure the reed cage to that outer clip so they didn't require the piece between the reeds and manifold, he did work at a machine shop on atv's. I can say I noticed a difference between before without that part, and after with it in. They make a " plastic fusion " type of super glue, I wonder if you used that stuff on the reed cage and the outer clip where they make contact if they would stick together without breaking down from the gas/oil contact ? If anyone could come up with an idea to completely eliminate that piece between the reeds and manifold then we'd have max air flow !

I wish I didn't have to even use that piece that keeps the reed cage in place between the reeds and manifold. When I bough my blaster last October my vf3's didn't have that piece and I never had a problem and I rode hard. After I blew my motor I took my reeds off and when I put them back on in march I couldn't go more then 3 rides without my upper or lower reed petals poppin out ( even when I super glued the part where the notch is to the reed cage. ) This got me thinkin MAYBE the kid I bought my blaster from did something or figured out a way to secure the reed cage to that outer clip so they didn't require the piece between the reeds and manifold, he did work at a machine shop on atv's. I can say I noticed a difference between before without that part, and after with it in. They make a " plastic fusion " type of super glue, I wonder if you used that stuff on the reed cage and the outer clip where they make contact if they would stick together without breaking down from the gas/oil contact ? If anyone could come up with an idea to completely eliminate that piece between the reeds and manifold then we'd have max air flow !

Did you not see my porting thread??
http://www.blasterforum.com/intake-136/vf3-reed-cage-porting-43411/index2.html

This is what my reeds look like in my motor!

2mr8sh1.jpg

No I did, I was lookin at both your and Awk's threads on the vf3 porting last night and I will definately be following suit. I was just sayin it'd be nice if we could some how do away with that piece all together. Thanks for the pics, its nice bein able to see what my final outcome should look like rather then just winging it !

No I did, I was lookin at both your and Awk's threads on the vf3 porting last night and I will definately be following suit. I was just sayin it'd be nice if we could some how do away with that piece all together. Thanks for the pics, its nice bein able to see what my final outcome should look like rather then just winging it !

Yes, I would love to have the spacer they use on the banshee vforce cages but it doesn't fit!!