User Reputation - Update

cbaber

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Apr 12, 2007
NY
When giving reputation points, instead of just giving the maximum reputation for every cause, you can chose a number value to give ranging from 0 to your maximum reputation power.
In your User CP, you will be able to see the latest 5 reputations you have received and latest 5 given.

Here is a bit of info that would explain how rep power is earned:
  1. For every 30 days of being a member, users gains 1 point of reputation-altering power.
  2. For every 100 posts made, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
  3. For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
Remember - Even if you have the above requirements met, your reputation-altering power will still show up as ZERO if:
  1. You have less the 25 posts.
  2. Your reputation is less then 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 00blasterRESTO
i am confused as hell....

all i know is that mine is zero now.... and some people's like B14573r is 14... umm, why such a huge difference?

not that i care.. i just don't want folks thinking i'm a douche or anything.

Ok, here is an example using both of you:

B14573r
  1. You have 787 posts = +7 points of reputation-altering power. (+1 For each 100 posts)
  2. You have been a member for 7 months = +7 points of reputation-altering power. (+1 For each 30 days)
  3. You have 787 posts (Which is more then 25 and you are able to have a reputation-altering power over 0(ZERO)
  4. Your Reputation Level is = 11 (Which is more then 1 and you are able to have a reputation-altering power over 0(ZERO)
So since point 3 and 4 are ok, you can add up the first 2 points to equall your reputation giving power.=14

suprex

1. You have 126 posts = +1 points of reputation-altering power. (+1 For each 100 posts)
  2. You have been a member for 2 months = +2 points of reputation-altering power. (+1 For each 30 days)
  3. You have 126 posts (Which is more then 25 and you are able to have a reputation-altering power over 0(ZERO)
  4. Your Reputation Level is = 0 (Which is less then 1 and you are not able to have a reputation-altering power over 0(ZERO)
Your point 3 is ok, but point 4 has not been reached yet. But as soon as you get atleast 1 reputation point, you will automatically have a reputation giving power of 3.

Maybe someone here that you helped understand how this worked through your question will give you a rep point:)

Reactions: randelator
ok baber this is what I guess I did not know,,, I understand how to leave Itrader feedback, but do not understand how to leave Rep. point for someone who has helped me., mabey a quick explanation of this or even an announcment letting people know, I figure if I didnt know others do not either. I kinda thot that moderators only did that, there are several people who have helped me alone and did not receive any credit due to my ignorance.

Thanks for the explanation cbaber. A little confusing, but makes more sense now.

00blasterRESTO you just click the yellow circle with the dot in the middle (
reputation.gif
) below the avatar off the user you want to give rep points to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 00blasterRESTO
ok cbaber, so that number by my avatar, thats my rep power which i get from various sources. when i give someone a rep point, it will give them more rep power than someone with 4 rep power, is that right?

ok cbaber, so that number by my avatar, thats my rep power which i get from various sources. when i give someone a rep point, it will give them more rep power than someone with 4 rep power, is that right?

The number by your avatar is the amount of reputation points you can give to someoen else(Your reputation-altering power). Your actuall reputation can be viewd in your User CP. When you give someone a reputation, that will not alter anyones reputation-altering power, unless, they already have 99 reputation and therefore your reputation point will make it 100. That will actually give then more power since users gain +1 reputation-altering power every 100 reputation points they get, every 30 days of membership, and every 100 posts.

sooo, what about me, i joined in july and I have 273 posts, and it has come into effect?

Refer back to the first post please. It says that your reputation giving power will remain at ZERO untill you have 25 post AND atleast 1 reputation points. If you earn 1 reputation point, then your reputation-giving power will go to about 9-10(just divide the number of days you have been a member by 30 and add to that the number of posts you made divided by 100)

why dont u make it so that we see our actual reputation instead of this confusing system? just an idea

why dont u make it so that we see our actual reputation instead of this confusing system? just an idea

You can see your actual reputation in your User CP...

In the Posts, you reputation is displayed in little squares (1 for each 100 reputation points) It looks much nicer then numbers written out. Reputation Power is displayed before your actual reputation.

I have separated them above, is that how you wanted it? Should I leave it this way?

i dont think ill ever get any of that cause im always getting BAN! but im a good boy now :)