Used shock price range?

ScottSchwarzer

Apr 16, 2012
North Carolina
What should one look at paying for a pair of Works or Elka front shocks used? Of course it depends on the stage, model and what not but I just wanted some opinions on a number that I should shoot for.

in good used condition....
works dual rate steelers - anything under $200 shipped
elkas - stage 1's under $300, stage 3's under $400 would be steals

Reactions: ScottSchwarzer
I believe they are stage 3... ask awk, he knows elkas better than me I:I

I know 1 has no rezzie
And 4 has mounted rezzie...
2-3 same? idk

those appear to be stage 2's with only preload adjustment (stage 1's with remote rezzies)
i see no adjustments anywhere... no clicker wheel at the bottom, no adjustment knob on the rezzie.
which are the compression and rebound adjustments the stage 3's I have

still a very good shock for the price I:I

For my works rear shock i paid 80 and it has compression rebound the whole nine yards but the guy i got it off of didnt know what he had and i just got elka stage 3 piggy back for 400 shipped

Okay. I really need something because we all know how rough the stock shocks are. Just debating on wether I should wait around for some used works at a good price or go with the elkas... It would be my first upgrade too I:I

Okay. I really need something because we all know how rough the stock shocks are. Just debating on wether I should wait around for some used works at a good price or go with the elkas... It would be my first upgrade too I:I

front shocks are always my first upgrade to every blaster i've had, followed by a rear shock.
they will make you faster in rough trails than anything else, and a much more enjoyable ride.

moving up from works to elkas was like going from stock to works, they are that much better.
if i didn't already have elka's, i'd already own that set on ebay for that price.
i even considered grabbing them for the black bike, but decided to donate to my girls "car fund" instead.

front shocks are always my first upgrade to every blaster i've had, followed by a rear shock.
they will make you faster in rough trails than anything else, and a much more enjoyable ride.

moving up from works to elkas was like going from stock to works, they are that much better.
if i didn't already have elka's, i'd already own that set on ebay for that price.
i even considered grabbing them for the black bike, but decided to donate to my girls "car fund" instead.

When you went from Works to Elkas what works were they and what Elkas are you running now??

When you went from Works to Elkas what works were they and what Elkas are you running now??

works dual rate steelers, no resiviour or adjustment, fronts
works ultracross w/ resiviour, compression and rebound adjustable rear

now

elka stage 3 front and rear
all w/ resiviours, compression and rebound adjustable

Not sure if you guys will see this post but I'm heading home from vacation and was gonna get those Elkas on ebay but someone else snagged them. I found some works triple rates on ebay for 325. I'm not an mx rider I only ride trails so I'm not going to be beating the heck out of them and im sure they will be plenty enough of a shock for me. I feel like that's pretty good for a pair of triple rates but wanted you guy's opinion because y'all know best.