uk blaster full teardown BUILT not BOUGHT!

2strokesmoke

Jul 13, 2009
scotland
hi,
i got a blaster a few months ago its in a sorry state, its a 04 bike its not seen all that much use on the grounds it has original tyres still on it, but at some point the stator went so somebody tried retro fitting a stator from something else, the wiring is all wrong and is hanging from the bike. they then went to the extent of painting the frame, swingarm, axle and more with dark blue household paint. it looks sh*t. and doesnt go.
my goal, red frame, white plastics red/black graphics, black rims. tuned 200 with bullet proof internals good fueling and a nice pipe.
the twist.... cos of where i am, scottish highland inverness by lochness, theres no tuner no powder coater no yamaha dealer no atv dealer that has performance stuff. nothing that realy can help.
so my bike is going to be a true BUILT not BOUGHT offering. im seriously considering doing everything except cylinder and head work. and probably removing and fitting tyres.
ill add some photos of my blasturd soon and should make for a great build thread if i get it right......
cheers:D

an update for anyone whos read this in the past.
so i couldnt find white plastics... i chose black ,cos i can get black maier ones over here. i wanted to do red detailing but i saw a few blaster pics running kawasaki green so i thought what the hell, so the colour scheme has changed to ALL black with green detailing.

ive stripped all the frame, swinger and a arms myself back to metal. im using POR 15 products to paint these black. first marine clean, then metal ready the 2 pack hardnose brush painted on.

i stripped the motor top end down and went to send it in for rebore and a bit of tuning. i took it to the post office but it was closed on a bank holiday. so i went home sat on my computer and browesed ebay for blaster stuff. i stumbled across a full race blaster engine, it was a spare engine MX race built by a reputable tuner in the uk. it had sat in the crate and was never run.
it has been ported, the head milled with a full squishband . prox piston. hot rods crank. new crank cases, every bearing seal and gasket replaced even in the gearbox.
so i bought that and im waiting for it to arrive. ill be using a f7 pipe open airbox v force reeds and a vitos boost bottle and oil block.

ive got pro series nerfs with built in footpegs, and 2 inch spacers allround. ive been given a good price for itp baja wheels in black with either holeshots or quadcross tyres.

next month ill be buying front and rear bumpers, possibly jardine ones but im holding out for an extened ac rear bumper and a ac mudscreen front.

one thing ill add, you guys in america dont know how lucky you are with regards to atv stuff. in the uk the choice of stuff is poor and what there is of it you pay like double the price you can get it for in the states.
so some of my choices of parts may sound a little odd to you but i can asure you its not because of my choice its more like my lack of.....

sounds like a nice blaster you'll have at the end of it
im down in cumbernauld, just outside glasgow.
where abouts do you ride? lol only know of a few tracks up there

sounds like you found some nice stuff for not havin many choices, definately update with some pics