Triple_B's 2nd Rebuild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_B

Sep 20, 2010
Sewage Drain
It was time for a new thread! So I made one......

Blaster should be the way I want it this time, now that I can afford what I want.

Plans are!
-Engine is staying the way it is now. Ported by SCD, KOR Head, PWK 28. Might buy VF4's down the road but I like the way the engine is doing now.

Suspension Overhaul!
-SCD +3+1 Arms
-Works Dual Rates, freshly rebuilt by SCD :D
-Going to buy a REAL swingarm this time, not that stock extended crap. Still looking at what to buy, probably going to stay with a +3
-Might change the rear shock. I have the LTR450 in there now but I might want to upgrade later

Other crap:
-Frame and Arm skid plates
-New handlebars (dunno what I want yet)
-Nerf bars. I want to find a set that have the heel guards and nerf bars combo thing. Trying to find a set for a Rappy/YFZ for cheap that I could modify to fit
-New rims on the rear! Probably ITP T-9's or something, just want shiny aluminum to match the fronts.
-WHITE PLASTICS! I hate the way the blue plastic on blue frame looks... I refuse to put these blue plastics on the new frame
-I also want to send some parts out to be chromed. Steering stem, carrier, other things I can't think of as I am typing this

Frame is PC'd, I will be PC'ing all the parts that are smaller than the frame.

PC'd Frame
DSC03645.jpg

PC'd parts
3520pw3.jpg

Billet stator cover and reed spacer
1206121958.jpg

Last edited:
ooooohhhhh, thats nice stuff !!
307oy2r.jpg

Ordered some stuff. Seals came in for the front hubs. Ordered a billet gas cap, magnetic oil drain plug, a set of feeler guages, and shifter rubber.

gonna sell your stock extended swinger?

I'll sell it but I do not suggest jumping hard with it. It worked great for me, its straight, welds are strong, held up great. Not the prettiest thing in the world but it looks better than most I've seen. A fellow member, Prime, extended it. Has skid plate mounts too.

Decided to check crank clearances while I had the top end of. I was able to squeeze a .018" feeler gauge in between the connecting rod and the thrust washer on the crankshaft. Its within spec so its still good even after almost 10 years I:I

Have a pile of parts coming in the mail this week. Saving up for an axle and swingarm, those are next :D

Status
Not open for further replies.