Trimming canister on silencer?

BlasterJim5

Feb 4, 2009
Dallas Pa
Hey everyone, I have seen on a couple sport bike pages people trimming the canister on the silencers down to make a shorty style pipe. You think this would work on a blaster? I have a pro circuit silencer. Its the forestry silencer so the thing is a mile long haha. I don't necessarily want a shorty pipe but maybe shorten it a bit. Would I have to rejet after trimming it? I know id have to repack it and all that good stuff.

yes you can shorten it.. but if you do it on a forestry approved setup.. you may not like what you get.. shorties are louder.. and depending on where the spark arrestor is.. youi might lose it.. if it's got a propeller style spark arrestor you may wanna check where in the silencer it is.. it'll be louder though...

That's kinda what I want. A pipe that is a little bit louder. Would the tone be deeper? Would I get any performance gains?

some people say the shorter silencer helps with low end power.. i'm not gonna toss my 2 cents in on that though..

I was thinking of trimming it down so its the length of maybe a fmf power core 2 or something like that. I don't really want a shorty pipe.