Transmission Problem

SHOWDOWN

Jul 12, 2008
I just replaced my clutch gaskets and it ran great and when I shut it off it clunks and the kickstart sounds like it grinds is this the problem and can i get the kisckstart back to where it needs to be without taking the transmission off again?

no, you have to remove the case. it is impossible to fix w/out removing it. i don't think you would have to take your clutch basket and all that off again though. just check where your spring for the kickstarter is at. i'll try to find you a diagram.

Thanls for the diagram is this what would cause the clunk in the transmission when i turn off the wheeler

i don't know about the grinding noise your hearing though. it may be your spring or maybe it islacking oil. it should have 650 cc of oil in there, or did you refill it since you put your new gasket in? just thought i would check.

Yes oil was added to 650 ml i have checked and there are no leaks and i can hear that the kickstart gear grinds when I start the wheeler but when I turn it off something in the tranny clunks only when I turn it off

i think you may have had the same prob as me...the spring goes into a hole on the engine right under the top left bolt hole for your clutch cover, close to where your header pipe connects to your silencer. your spring end may be stuck in one of your gears. it may have busted your spring, which i am thinking happened to mine. i'll try to get a pic soon if you don't understand.