Transmission/gearbox oil.

Oneshot

Mar 1, 2016
Central,PA
Just wondering I know in older cars if you go from regular oil to synthetic some of your seals may start leaking due to synthetic molecules being a little smaller. Has anyone had this issue on their Blaster? I am pretty sure mine was only ever ran with conventional type oil and do not want leaks to start when I put synthetic in.Also what does the TORS do and should I eliminate it? Does it help with power?

Last edited:
Don't use regular motor oil. Go with an oil that is "Wet clutch" safe. Motor oil has frictions modifiers in it. Thise can cause all sorts of problems. I use Bell-Ray gear saver 80w90.

Reactions: Oneshot
Yeah I know about the wet clutch stuff. But was asking if anyone got oil leaks from switching to synthetic blend. I know ppl with older cars who went synthetic and started getting oil leaks due to synthetic oil having a smaller molecular structure.

If it doesn't leak now, I wouldn't worry about it leaking after an oil change. Are there any signs of a leak now? Around the seals, or the plug?

No it was not leaking oil when I parked it and pulled it apart. Did a leakdown test and a seal was leaking so waiting for it to get here.