trans oil

240Fun

Nov 3, 2013
South Wales NY
Hey guy I'm not sure if I have a problem or not I'm using atf type f trans fluid when I installed the engine I put in 650 ml in when cold the site window is completely covered and after I warm it up which is when your supposed to check it there's nothing showing I got no funky smell out the pipe like it's burning it and the clutch still functions fine and that was even after a couple hours on the trails when I park it it's over some paper towels so I can see of I got leaks and nothing after a while of sitting basically cooled down it starts to show again like it's slowly draining back in to the clutch side I did a full tear down over the winter and totally cleaned the case half's I'm stumped on this one I am supposed to go riding in a few days and wanna get this figured out before I commit to goin last thing I wanna do is cook the trans bearings or clutch

Its likely because while its running its got the oil slung all over the inside of the tranny an clutch, an ones it sits for a bit it all drains back off the gears an inner components, after all its a sling type oil system

ok i used a measuring cup to put the oil in so i'm not gonna mess with it then i think i'm just nervous because its a new build this wednesday i'm gonna put about 20-30 miles on hopfully that will put an end to the jitters about the engine and all goes well

whenever i buy someone elses quad/bike i always measure the oil they had in there like that,to see if they were abusing it or dumb:)

The window lies, put in 650ml of oil and forget it.

Before the engine is started the oil window wills how over full, run the bike, the oil will transfer over into the gears.

Park it after driving in a straight line and the window may show low.

Park it after swinging wildly to one side and the window may say over full.