Tors removal/delete kit??

Gustin12

Feb 18, 2014
Okay so I have an 01 that is getting no spark so I decided to order a coil, later on I found multiple cases of it being the TORS. I'm going to try this if the coil doesn't work. Now my question is, if I were to order a delete kit for my bike, will I still need to go in and snip certain wires? My biggest fear is cutting the wrong wire and messing my entire bike up!

Last edited:
Okay so I have an 01 that is getting no spark so I decided to order a coil, later on I found multiple cases of it being the TORS. I'm going to try this if the coil doesn't work. Now my question is, if I were to order a delete kit for my bike, will I still need to go in and snip certain wires? My biggest gear is cutting the wrong wire and messing my entire bike up!
There is no delete kit! Use the supplied wiring schematic in the forum and find out what is broke and repair it or disenable Tors system. I'd fix it.

You know why I'd fix it? Because I have other times before with the help of wiring details, first disconnect the kill switch a test it with an ohm meter.

You know why I'd fix it? Because I have other times before with the help of wiring details, first disconnect the kill switch a test it with an ohm meter.
I had seen posts talking about delete kits, and how to install them etc. which is where I was coming from, and I've disconnected and tested the kill switch prior to the post, and it all checked out. I'm more of a internal type of guy, can't do electrical at all, so I'm completely stumped right now!

Follow the tree chart down and do what it says, I fixed this one time buy just adding free travel to the upper micro lever switch

Yes, there is a delete kit, but it's mainly to replace the TORS brick on top of the carb when that idle screw goes bad, and replace it with a regular carb cable, cap and new carb mounted idle screw.....

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/142220980020

Disabling the Tors on an 01 requires no wire cutting, just unplug the 3 wire control box under the hood

Reactions: 99blasterzach
To me safety comes 1st! Especially when you might let your friends ride your blaster.

Yes, there is a delete kit, but it's mainly to replace the TORS brick on top of the carb when that idle screw goes bad, and replace it with a regular carb cable, cap and new carb mounted idle screw.....

Disabling the Tors on an 01 requires no wire cutting, just unplug the 3 wire control box under the hood
I thought so! Back when I built my motor from the ground up it was running horrible, and I unplugged the TORS connection on my carb(I think, been a while) it ran perfect! Thanks! Another possibility eliminated. Anything else you could think of why it wont spark? I can give you the info as to what happened if needed.

To me safety comes 1st! Especially when you might let your friends ride your blaster.
Same here! I was dreading having to go this route, thankfully I won't have to, and I've never let anyone ride it, unless they can actually run a 2-stroke haha, my bikes my baby, too much money in it to risk! Any other possibilities you can think of why it isn't getting spark you can think of?

Okay I went out this morning and did exactly what you said, unplug the 3wire connector on the brain, and I now have spark! Thank you, but how much spark should I have? I did the good ol' redneck technique using a screwdriver in the plug, with it touching the head. I seen a few blue sparks, but nothing major. Is that normal? Should I need more?

Okay I went out this morning and did exactly what you said, unplug the 3wire connector on the brain, and I now have spark! Thank you, but how much spark should I have? I did the good ol' redneck technique using a screwdriver in the plug, with it touching the head. I seen a few blue sparks, but nothing major. Is that normal? Should I need more?

blue is good, if it was weak it'd be yellow
put a plug into the boot and hold it against the head, the screwdriver doesn't make as good of contact up in the boot.

blue is good, if it was weak it'd be yellow
put a plug into the boot and hold it against the head, the screwdriver doesn't make as good of contact up in the boot.
Plug also made blue sparks, so going by what you're saying is a good sign. Should I be seeing more spark? Only seeing very few but they are blue! Got the motor back together, filter on, exhaust on, everything is on but still won't start.
EDIT--- Scratch that, got it started, has plenty of power. Turned out the only thing I didn't think to check was bad, the key switch!

Last edited: