Tors help needed

rotalley

Jul 17, 2015
I have a 2003 blaster and recently had tors problems and after much searching I found this site. I bought the tors removal kit with carb cap, throttle cable, and idle adjustment screw. I followed the sticky in this forum exactly as described cutting off plugs under hood for thumb throttle and at the carb and spliced them together. Also installed the bypass kit and my blaster will not run. The best I've gotten so far is it started 3 times for a couple seconds and died. Please help. I don't know what else to do.

If it starts then you may have done the conversion correctly!

You may need to turn the idle screw in some more to lift the slide so that it will continue to run!

If it starts then you may have done the conversion correctly!

You may need to turn the idle screw in some more to lift the slide so that it will continue to run!

It's only started about 3 times in a week of trying. It won't stay running with throttle applied. It dies like the fire is killed. This quad has always started on first or second kick. Theres more to it than the idle adjustment, I believe there's still an electrical component that's not right. I've also read about grounding out the green stator wire to the frame. This quad is just not hitting, not trying to start. I need allitle more advice than the idle adjustment.

The green wire needs grounding!

Re check that you did the conversion for a post 03 correctly!

Is the float level correct, have you checked for full fuel flow by cracking open the float bowl drain screw?

Is the air filter fitted?

Are the reeds in good condition?

Last edited:
nowhere on here is there a thread that says to cut/splice wires at the carb and throttle.
nor is there any GREEN wire involved !

the 2003+ TORS DIY thread.......http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/

clearly shows to cut/splice the yellow/black stripe to the solid black wires directly where they come out of the CDI/TORS unit under the hood.
once the supply WIRES to the carb and throttle switches is spliced at the CDI/TORS box, none of the other wiring or connections matter.

cut and connect the yellow/black stripe to the solid black, coming directly out of the ECU, that fools it.
just as the pic from the DIY shows.....

333333.jpg

You may also want to try unplugging the wires from the emergency brake switch at the brake lever

I cut and spliced the wire on the ecu side of the plug on the wire that went to the thumb throttle and did the same on the wires that went to the carb. Both splices were yellow wire with black stripe to a black wire. That is exactly what the DIY demonstrated. Also installed the new throttle cable, cap and idle adjustment screw. This quad would start and idle perfectly before these mods, it would act like it was starved for gas at throttle. I first thought the float was stuck in the closed position not allowing it to get enough gas so I bought a carb rebuild kit. After rebuilding the carb it started right up and idled perfectly 30 seconds into my test run it started acting starved for fuel again. So I researched the problem and everything pointed to tors. I tried to fix this before I asked for help here but its just not working out. How do I check for proper float valve level.

The green wire needs grounding!

Re check that you did the conversion for a post 03 correctly!

Is the float level correct, have you checked for full fuel flow by cracking open the float bowl drain screw?

Is the air filter fitted?

Are the reeds in good condition?
Looking at the pictures and reading thru the DIY sticky again it appears the conversion is correct. Reeds are good, fuel flows from bowl when drain screw is opened, and air filter is clean. But I dont have a spark to a new spark plug. Thanks for your help Blaaster and Awk08