Torque Adders.

I don't have a blaster but i am trying to decide if i should buy one and mod it or just get a 400 4-stroke. where could i find a "builder" and how much would i cost?

400 4 stroke.....lol well to each his own but if you want somthing that will snap your neck when you peg the gas get a 2 stroke ......if you want a slower bike that will get smoked by a lot of other bikes get a 4 stroke.......

North don't listen to this guy ^^^ he don't know at hes talking about not all 4 strokes are slow if u go for a 400 itll beat a blaster so if ure goin for faster get the 400 but a play bike i would much rather have a blaster i mite have a ltz400 but i still miss playin around on the blaster. one more thing some 400 r slower than other 400s 400exs arent the best they are aircooled kfxs and ltzs are the best way to go.

advanced ignition timing and a milled head for more compression and improved squish clearance

i like 400exs. my buddy has one that rips mine up every time. and mines pretty damn built. i think if i do a 240, i oughta be able to keep next to him though.
the suzukis are great too. both suzuki and honda make a very reliable and finely tuned machine.
as for quick and easy torque. i'd say that having the head milled is sorta like just a quick bandaid. if you're gonna spend the money to have it shipped to a builder (like flotek, wildcard or kennedy_power) and milled, you're just throwing away money that you should spend on actually having the head redesigned. the stock head is retardedly out of whack. the squish parameters need to be changed and the deck leveled (a lot of blaster heads are crooked). just milling it down leaves you w/ the same squish numbers that suck. spend the extra little bit of dough on the redesigning.
also, the timing is a great idea that's almost completely free.
dropping teeth in the front sprocket or adding em to the rear is a cheapo way too.
i'd say the most important thing to making your engine run better would be the pipe. but not cheap.