top end vs low end power?

ks_2k_blast

Feb 19, 2010
i just learned that a reed spacer (if between cage and jug) increases low end. so if i added that for low end, and an exhaust designed for top end, this would increase both power ranges, not cancel each other out, right? and is a reed spacer a noticeable diff? would i have to buy one, or could i fab it up myself with proper tools? i havent priced them yet to even see if it would be worth the effort.

the reed spacer isnt a very good source of power. i should of clarified that in the other thread. it wont add power it just moves the power that is already there to a different location on the power band. so if you have a top end pipe like an f7 and added a reed spacer between the cage and the jug it will slightly pull that power band down making it a mid to top end pipe. its not super noticeable and you wont gain any hp's over it. in general reed spacers are for moving the carb back so you can fit it past the clutch lever for larger carbs and for very finely tuning the power band. the width of the spacer also affects its sway over the power band