top end is done for.

ks_2k_blast

Feb 19, 2010
gotta do a leakdown test before i get it apart, but durring the rebuild, are there any other mods i should do while i have it apart? ported, fmf fatty pipes, 35 mm carb, oil blocked, TORS gone.

If your going for a port and head re design job, ya should look at something a bit better than a FMF pipe. LRD, F7, power pro's, CPI, Toomey, they will give ya better performance than an FMF with porting and head work. Also may want to think about a CFM style air box so much better than stock! Then you will need some good Shocks to handle all that power!! Ya really should do some suspension work, even if it's banshee shocks they are better than stockers. You'll get a hundred different options!

regardless of what you do to the motor, definitely go ahead and eliminate the TORS and oiling system.

Looks like all a good list besides that nasty little "FMF" in there. lol Come on you can do better than that. And I would upgrade the airbox like stated before. And suspension is a must.

i already have banshee shocks front and back. TORS is removed and oil blockoff kit already there. so pretty much just air box and better pipe? i have heard the fmf is a good trail pipe. not so much i guess? i plan to widen the front and back soon too. so far its exactly how i got it except the cosmetic work im doin to it.

FMF is an excellent trail pipe. It's more of a "bottom end" pipe meaning it produces more power in the lower end of the RPM range instead of being a tiny little peaky power band.

If you are aiming for a trial bike, a FMF fatty is great. If you want more top end power, you need go with a "top end" pipe like the LRD, F7, CT PP (the right bends).

You have banshee shocks front and back?

i think you mean you have front banshee shocks. if you put a banshee rear shock on a blaster, it will lower the rear.

ya nothing wrong with fmf pipe. some people say that it is to restrictive for the bbk. But why get a bigger pipe that gives you tons of topend when you wont use it. IMO stick with the fatty. Supper great for trails and unrivaled in low end performance.

I like all the people sticking up for the FMF....And as they said for bottom end they cant be beat...if topend and top speed is what u want then the powerpros and others are better.

dont get why everyone says fmf sucks for mid to top yes it does suck compared to all the mid to top pipes you cant say a pipe is better than another unless there desighned around the same rpm range then you compare them

Yeah, its Banshee shocks front and rear. Guy said it rode softer on the rear and stiffer in front. I dont notice a difference between it and stock, but I didnt get to test before and after without a whole year between the 2. What about the vitos 240 kit? Is it worth it? I hear lots of ppl on here talk about it, but on some other site, I heard it was pretty much crap and needed a new one after a couple months. Anyone agree or disagree?

cant run a banshee rear shock its to short
vitos is ok but needs some knife work for real power
if i was geting a 240 it would be a la sleeve id wait til there instock and get one of them