times like this when i wished i had cash

6 year old 450 engine = money pit

6 year old 450 engine = money pit

Agreed! Looks clean, but you never know.... Also, IDK about up there where you live, but $ 3,500.00 is kinda pricey for a near-stock YFZ where I live. (Southern NC). Yeah, that one is clean and has some bolt-ons, but it has no suspension or internal engine work. I put my 3.5K down on a new one. Just my. 02

That said, if you're dead set on a YFZ and had the $$, that one would be worth looking at. Anybody who knows about and has done the oil mod on an early YFZ has done some research. He has probably taken better care of it than the average Joe. (No offense Awk...we all know you're far from Average! Lol)

have you rode a ltr ? had 2 yfzs ,one a full walsh race craft bike.... ltr would blow away wither of them away ,handling is unbeatable no 450 will tough them imo . the yfz go trough conrods alot but the EFI on the ltr is a pain in the ass ,the petrol light was cool though lol
wouldnt buy a raced 450 .. even if they have been looked after better then a non-raced 450 the parts have always got more wear unless was rebuilt from ground up with ALL new bushings/bearings