Time for some good news

nboldman

Feb 5, 2012
Kentland, Indiana
Well guys before my blaster was stolen i thought i was going to have to either part it out or sell it to buy a car since i get my licence in april, but i got some good news when i was with my dad for thanksgiving. He bought a white 05 chevy silverado and i get his old 03 regular cab long bed silverado. it looks similar to this(no pics of the truck yet)
chevypu2003.jpg

Its the 4.3L V6 with a 5 speed trans connected to it. its the base truck. if i remember right its what they call the work edition.
I plan on an exhaust similar to this one:
Stock cat with no muffler. Ill start doing videos eventually and get some pictures of it later. Now its just getting a job to pay for gas, insurance(quoted at $125) and all the other crap. Im pretty excited though about it.

P.S. It's not being handed to me, once i get a job im buying it on payment plans even though the price is going to be cheap($1500 to $1800)

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet, them W/T's are good trucks !

There is no better gift then a chevy truck, this is a tool that can do mny things for you and help move your life forward.

Every man deserves a truck take care of it, i got my 05 silverado when my grandpa passed (payed grandma 6k) i love it like a baby and its been really good to me.

Damn, didn't hear about the blaster being stolen what happened man?

You're going to need new tires very soon once you learn that truck. B)

the whole story is in another thread in this same section.

Its getting new tires already because there bald. lol

good thing is, is that it only has 100k miles

I think im at 160 now, motor is running like new ive done some other minor maintenance hubs tie rods the usual stuff that goes by 160. Like i said before if you take care of that truck it will be good to you.

Wow, what a deal! I have this exact truck as my DD. You'll love it. I have the 4.3/5 speed drivetrain in mine, and the base model is actually better IMO. I like the rubber floor vs carpet in the deluxe models. Plus, I don't have any electric windows to break down. Lol.

Wow, what a deal! I have this exact truck as my DD. You'll love it. I have the 4.3/5 speed drivetrain in mine, and the base model is actually better IMO. I like the rubber floor vs carpet in the deluxe models. Plus, I don't have any electric windows to break down. Lol.

sh*t YEA BUDDY!!

I got the base model and im totally happy with it, the rubber floor should be in every vehicle imo its so easy to clean and no worries about dirty boots.

sh*t YEA BUDDY!!

I got the base model and im totally happy with it, the rubber floor should be in every vehicle imo its so easy to clean and no worries about dirty boots.

do you think the v6 can handle pulling a 2000 pound trailer and about 4 or 5 blasters to Awk's next year form Indiana? ;)I:I

do you think the v6 can handle pulling a 2000 pound trailer and about 4 or 5 blasters to Awk's next year form Indiana? ;)I:I

my ranger xlt 4.0 v6 auto towed a large trailer with 2 blasters and a rappy 700, plus 3 guys and gear, to ken oconnors in connecticut and back with ease,
475 miles each way.
i did have a wheel bearing go out, and replaced the other when i got to kens, but they were already going bad.

once you get on the highways it's cruising as usual, and just baby it on the rural roads/hills and you'll be just fine.

see ya when you get here !!! I:I

my ranger xlt 4.0 v6 auto towed a large trailer with 2 blasters and a rappy 700, plus 3 guys and gear, to ken oconnors in connecticut and back with ease,
475 miles each way.
i did have a wheel bearing go out, and replaced the other when i got to kens, but they were already going bad.

once you get on the highways it's cruising as usual, and just baby it on the rural roads/hills and you'll be just fine.

see ya when you get here !!! I:I

main thing im worried about is getting it to stop. I plan on kens ride and yours, first off ive got to tear it all apart and rebuild again because of the frame damage as ive never been a good welder.

What are the noise laws in PA? Itll have a pretty loud exhaust by then and i dont need to get pulled over for loud exhaust. i know around here they dont care.

main thing im worried about is getting it to stop. I plan on kens ride and yours, first off ive got to tear it all apart and rebuild again because of the frame damage as ive never been a good welder.

What are the noise laws in PA? Itll have a pretty loud exhaust by then and i dont need to get pulled over for loud exhaust. i know around here they dont care.

Make sure you got good breaks, and i'm sure you'd have no problem.

Well i found some pictures that my dad had of it (always loaded up with something) its dirty in this one:
546612_3282463433402_551365022_n.jpg

6730_1123978897025_2230453_n.jpg

6730_1123995937451_3311151_n.jpg

I don't know if any of you follow nascar racing, but in nascar if youre a rookie you get designated yellow stripes on the back of your car. This was taken right after i got my permit so that explains the yellow stripes. Not sure if i get to keep the tool box though.
197667_3620039457325_1564535139_n.jpg

And then this one shows some of the inside, but with the keys locked in .lol

285593_1987954215868_7420516_n.jpg

and while searching through his facebook pictures i found this of him skydiving that i thought some of you guys might like.
228142_1058955151472_758845_n.jpg