ti-86

Mar 29, 2007
pennsylvania
i am avoiding doing homework right now..... but i need a new calculator for my circuits class. i was lookin at a ti-89, but you are not allowed to use them on the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam, which you have to pass to get your engineers license and i will be taking in a year or two. but i am pretty sure you can use ti-86's. i need to be able to do matrices with rectangular and polar notation and it needs to be able to convert from one to the other easily, which my ti-83 plus cannot. anyone know if the ti-86 is capable or are there any other engineering students out there with suggestions?

I thought the TI83 could do that?? I miss my 83! I've got an 89...works good, tonz of good stuff for diff eqs but not as user friendly as the 83.

Actually...maybe it was an 86 that I had that could do matrices and such....I duno why they name them all with 80 something!! You won't be disapppointed with the 89, just use something else for tests. Some classes didn't let me use the 89, so I used an 85 (which was an old school one) and it did the trick.

thing is, i dont' want to get used to using one in the everyday, then when i take a test be confused when i pull out another one. plus, you can get 86's for like 35-40 off ebay and 89's are like over 100...