Throttle question

GrungeGod494

Jul 20, 2010
Portage,PA
I know holding a two stroke WOT for more then a few seconds is bad, but since I have a decent ride on the road from my house to the load coal pits, I was wondering if I could hold the throttle at 1/4-2/4 for a few minutes without seizing it up? This seems stupid, but I'm curious.

as long as you have the right jetting i dont see a problem with keeping 3/4 throttle for extended periods....

thats right, its all about your jetting. i have held mine wide the F open for probally 15 -20 secs going down numerous times with no problems.

Last edited:
yeah like noober said jetting is crucial. if you are doing a lot of road riding you want to be running kinda rich . but if you have a long ways to go and arent being chased by the cops heres what you should do. get 'er moving in 5th gear at about half throttle, then kick it up into 6th and just cruise. keep the engine rpms up just enough to keep it moving. you can cruise for a long time if you ae not hammering the piss out of it.

i hold mine WOT for proba no more that 15-20 seconds but it shouldnt be a problem as long as ur jetting is right bec engines are designed to rev with a load on them... its much worse when ur not moving

ive hed mine wide open for 15-20 seconds mabey longer all the time when im on the roads with all my friends and there 450s and 250 dirt bikes as long as its jeted right imo i wouldnt hold any quad wide oppen for to long but that my 2 cents

sorry what does WOT stand for? Wide Open .... ? Sorry for bein a noob, just dont wanna F#*K up my baby! Cheers

the issue with holding WOT for extended periods is not jetting related (as long as your jetting is correct) it is about build up of heat. If the piston expands too much faster than the cylinder you get reduced clearance, scoring, seizure. The extra heat also causes the oil film to break down over a certain temp.