this kick starter is starting to tick me off

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
ok synce i did my bottom end rebuild iv had a problem with my kickstarter you can kick it 10 times sometimes and it wont catch iv tried every thing i can think of and it worked good befor i did my rebuild any ideas

Sorry I do not have any ideas to fix the kick starter problem but I also have the same problem and it never did that before my rebuild .... I have found that the problem is worse when on a hill/slope and my wheeler is leaning towards the left/flywheel side ? Tho it isn't something that necessarily needs fixing, it can get quite annoying !

Sorry I do not have any ideas to fix the kick starter problem but I also have the same problem and it never did that before my rebuild .... I have found that the problem is worse when on a hill/slope and my wheeler is leaning towards the left/flywheel side ? Tho it isn't something that necessarily needs fixing, it can get quite annoying !

well i need to get a new one now because some of the splines on it are bad and the kick starter wont slide on it all the way

That sucks man, hopefully it is just the splines on the kick starter itself that are bad and not the inner part that the kick starter slides onto ... That would really suck !

there is a clip that is kind moon shaped that snaps around the gear and has a small loop that is suppose to go into a hole on the case, so simple not really sure how it works, but I know after mine broke I have had the same problems, maybe your is broke/missing as well