This could only happen to me...

bigwill

Jun 6, 2011
joppa, md
So I picked up a CT240 w/kiehn 38mm airstriker carb a little while back for my drag chassis. Well I just found out that my local drag class has limited the blaster to a 200cc cylinder unless I wanna run against banshees and 250r's. The one good thing is that the cCT hasn't been ported yet, it was gonna go out on Tuesday. Can the CT240 on alky run with shee's and 250r's? Or should I just throw it on my trail bike.

See that's the thing, most of the blastys are heavily modded but nobody ran a true drag chassis last year. There were 2 shee's that were full drag and I heard talk that a few more were gettin done this winter for the upcomming season.

how fast are the shee's? it'd be REALLY hard to keep up with a drag shee on a blaster.

I would think about sticking with a stock cylinder in the blaster class. get a stroker crank. do they say anything about bore size? you may be able to have it resleeved to 72mm if you just have to use a stock cylinder casting.......

that's where you start reading what's NOT in the rules..

The rules say 200cc cylinder bored up to .080. So no big sleeve. Its gonna get a stroker and long rod eventually..

bummer, that limits you a decent bit....I would personally think about putting the 240 on the trail bike.

Those rules suck and I've never heard of that!
What about stroker cranks?

Yeah the rules suck big time, especally after i spent all that money!!!!!!!!!!! I am definitally doing a +4/longrod in the stock size cylinder because theres nothing about cranks, just cylinder size.

just run it and if they biotch then change it out.

also you said you want to win the honest way then you talk about how you want to run a stroke and cheat. make up your mind.

just run it and if they biotch then change it out.

also you said you want to win the honest way then you talk about how you want to run a stroke and cheat. make up your mind.

There's nothing in the rules about a stock stroke crank, just cylinder size. Ergo, it's completely legal

He's still Running a 200cc cylinder. But not crank. This is where racers interpret the rules, you read in between the lines. Because the rules specify a 200cc cylinder, not 200cc displacement he's good to go

Its all a bit hairy, I'm making sure with the race director tonight that I can stroke my motor. But as of right now there is nothing saying I cannot.