think i seized my motor

96blaster

Aug 4, 2008
well this is the 2nd time this happened. i'm running good all day now problems then it will die on me like it staled out. but when i go to kick it...i almost break my ankle cuz it wont move. it's not the tranny. i think i seized the piston. anyone ever have this happen before. i
m runing 32.1 oil yamalude 2r. my oil injection is removed but i think the spot where the line went into the carb is open. cuz i sucked up mud maybe? i also noticed it happenes when i run out of gas an add more. this is very upseting to me cuz i didn't even have it a month yet. it's a 96 btw. any help is great thanks!

probably just over heating. you cant ride wide open throttle all day on a hot day without takin a break every once in a while. especialy if your going slow and in the forest or something where theres not alot of wind and airflow to the engine. maybe some air scoops could help you. theres nothing thats really going to seize the blaster, its just riding style.

i hope so. i'm letting her sit over night. if she's not free in the morning i'm very upset but i think it's going be traded for a warrior. a 4 stroke fits the rideing style i do. but i dont think i could live without a 2 stroke

u may have over heated it and caused it to seize.. cause i think if u were to suck mud in from the injector hole it would have made it run like crap.. cause i sucked in water cause 1 of the boots on the carb wasnt on right and sucked in a good amount of water and it ran crappy and i changed th plug and it ran okay but it didnt seize..

whats yours mods on the blsty and whats your jetting at?..

I had issue with my wife's blaster that runs an oil injector (which i plan to remove soon). The bike started to seize up and so i killed the bike towed it back to camp and let it sit awhile and tried to kick start it again. It fired up and ran fine rest of time riding. I belive the issue on her bike was the oil injector failing to pump oil and then it worked fine type thing, but the bike when it didnt run well sounded funny and then made a explosion type noise and killed it simular to when my 2003 blaster seized. I would agree with ron89 and let it sit and cool for awhile to let parts inside cool and shrink then try to kick it over and see what happens and how bike sounds/runs. Make sure to cap off that oil injector line as well.

if it is siezed no
biggie drop marvel mystery oil in the cylinder and drop a wood block on the clyndr smack the wood block with a sledge hammer break it loose np and hone it out 15 min job

well i let it sit over nite. went to kick it and same thing. almost breaking my ankle lol. the only mods i have done are the oil injection removed, tors reove, and i just put a k&n air fliter on it before this weekend, jetting is the same from when i bought it so i'm goin say it's stock size. I'm goni try the marvel oil trick and have my dad drag it on the road with his, the first time it did this thats how we broke the piston free

didn't take the lid off. just put the fliter on. i ride it alot of watery mud. so no lid would be a bad idea

well i think she's dead. tried kicking it today same thing. put some marvel oil in it. let it sit for awhile and tryed rolling it down the road in 3rd gear and jumping on it...nothing. i really dont wanna pull the head of to try and breakl it lose that way but this really pisses me off. anyways just wanted to say thanks for everyones help!