The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

I might be in the market for some handlebars as well. Mine just feel a little off. Not sure if they are the stock style/bend/length or whatever goes on with handlebars. I might throw up a picture so you guys can tell me if they look like the stock style.

I might be in the market for some handlebars as well. Mine just feel a little off. Not sure if they are the stock style/bend/length or whatever goes on with handlebars. I might throw up a picture so you guys can tell me if they look like the stock style.
I ran the Pro Tapor SE bars. I believe they were high bend. 7/8". I liked them a lot. If it was me I would get the risers to convert to 1 1/8" fat bars.

I'm looking for a clutch for my china quad, does anyone know if there would be any difference between a full auto and semi-auto clutch. Seems to me they would work the same. All I'm finding is semi auto. I think mine actually has some sort of cvt trans, because I don't recall it shifting gears

Last edited:
Anybody wanna become a tractor mechanic with me?
View attachment 24084
Been parked at a neighbors house for 5-6 years. If I can get it fixed I can use it pretty much as much as I want. I know nothing about tractors or diesels. He said when he was last using it, he heard something pop, and the backhoe shifted, and the motor died. I found what popped
View attachment 24085
Gonna have to pull the tire and wheel/fender well off to get the broke off bolt out. I think the other side is only bent, not broken. The guy really knows nothin about tractors, it was his grandpa's, but grandpa is senile now. If I could get the backhoe attachment off, it should be good for anything else. Just gotta find out what preemptive work I should do before trying to start this bad boy.

Thats a nice little tractor! How many hours does it have on it? Diesel tractors can be a little tricky to work on but as long as they are properly cared for breakdowns are few and far between because they are built to take a beating.

I'm no mechanic but before you start it these are the things I'd make sure to check. To start off with you should check all the various fuel levels (including hydraulic) and I'd recommend right away changing fuel and air filters and check for any water. This tractor might be too small but it might also have secondary filters of each that could be replaced. Diesel uses high pressure lines so make sure all of those are tight. And then double them As well as all other lines. The valves, injectors, and nozzles probably something you shouldn't check on your own but if the tractor is under 1,500-2,000 hrs you shouldn't have to worry about those anyway. Do a bolt/belt check and be very thorough. And here are a few other things that should be checked but you might need to consult owners manual for more specifics: Radiator shutters, air box drains, crankcase greater, emergency stop control, throttler, accelerator (and other controls) if they are mechanical make sure they are properly connected and moving. Hope I'm not forgetting anything else but those are the priorities.

I don't know if you needed all that so sorry but I just like tractors :)!

Anyone have an opinion on this? or thought?

being as i won the camera i wouldnt mind taking it apart to mod it.
i have wanted a nice camera before and this would be a perfect option. only about $250-300
plus i love the idea of having such a small camera taking quality pictures!

Thats a nice little tractor! How many hours does it have on it? Diesel tractors can be a little tricky to work on but as long as they are properly cared for breakdowns are few and far between because they are built to take a beating.

I'm no mechanic but before you start it these are the things I'd make sure to check. To start off with you should check all the various fuel levels (including hydraulic) and I'd recommend right away changing fuel and air filters and check for any water. This tractor might be too small but it might also have secondary filters of each that could be replaced. Diesel uses high pressure lines so make sure all of those are tight. And then double them As well as all other lines. The valves, injectors, and nozzles probably something you shouldn't check on your own but if the tractor is under 1,500-2,000 hrs you shouldn't have to worry about those anyway. Do a bolt/belt check and be very thorough. And here are a few other things that should be checked but you might need to consult owners manual for more specifics: Radiator shutters, air box drains, crankcase greater, emergency stop control, throttler, accelerator (and other controls) if they are mechanical make sure they are properly connected and moving. Hope I'm not forgetting anything else but those are the priorities.

I don't know if you needed all that so sorry but I just like tractors :)!

Thanks man. I had planned on most those things. Didn't even think about looking at the hours. I'm sure it has a lot as I know a landscaper up here used it for quite a few years. Already had my mechanic buddy have a look at it. He had a great idea for removing the broken bolt. Take a nut and weld the inside of the nut to whats left of the bolt. No need to remove everything! From what he said and from looking at it, the bolt snapping should have nothing to do with the engine shutting down. Its just part of the mounting for the backhoe or other attachments.

I'm meeting with the guy tomorrow evening to talk about it and make sure its gonna work out for me the way I want. As I said a landscaper used it for quite a few years with the deal that he had to do the upkeep and maintenance on it, thats all I want! After I meet with him I'll order the manuals, and grab a battery and diesel, and start doing checks on everything

damn oh well
i guess i could have tried another device around here but oh well
when im posting it is a slight delay every button action i try but i guess it is my dinosaur pc:D

This is why i dont like gopro for pictures. its an action cam only, we like all the videos we have of riding

Anyone want to buy a gopro?
GOPR9861[1].JPG

GOPR9880[1].JPG