The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

who knows what this means ?................

yep, on my way to KOR for the weekend :D:cool:o_O;)

Hey guys, its been awhile. I still lurk around once in awhile, just been working my butt off on the new house. I finally got something today....
IMG_20160628_182006394[1].jpg

So now I have to figure out how to turn it into a ceiling fan!! I was originally thinking of using a car/trailer hub assembly, but after I got it and could see the size of the center hub, a new thought came to mind.
IMG_20160628_182504424_HDR[1].jpg

The current hole spacing is 3.5 inches, which seems to small anyway. I've got a spare carrier for a warrior, but I would have to get an axle and cut it. Then I could mount the carrier to a steel plate, maybe 1/4"x36"x36". I'd add some tabs to the side of the carrier that meets the steel plate, and a few angle braces. Also this will all be exposed, the steel plate will be mounted on the ceiling, and I've got 10' ceilings so space should be adequate. I'm planning on adding a pulley and belt to an exposed electric motor, probably mounted on the steel plate. I'd probably leave the axle stick up slightly above the steel plate and attach something to it in case the bearings fail, but I don't think that will really be a problem. I'm also thinking that just a single speed of ~100rpm would be all I need. Just thought I would get your guys thoughts, lots of you are much more experienced fabbers than me. I'm getting ready to put my ceilings up, but I wanna make sure I have this figured out first. I don't know if Yamaha ever made ceiling fans, but theres about to be one!

Got another toy! This is what happens when people finally get out of college and see what real money looks like. I think I'm done spending money for the next couple years though as I am happy with a blaster, trx250r, and now an 04 R1 with like no miles on it.
y3mv6c22mTrRVG7QRPl8t1IhM5BLAvtyXyYmGz8syaPbmRbkI-0mTK_DH_YNt0WqDyEaJaeGaErlZ9KiwsSiVmv0_MREG-IRwFXJhQwINsbhYcYnhpn6AJD1IcD1zQvPdiyy06EUqn7WLPCUdYzqPffobNIVpnav_XwG9B4fZivRJg

y3m14KmRoUD-G6UmHkEk4YPT_TA4eToLObEkMF42uwQpCBk0ILTkiLnoDh3Mu4fnrva1ktvjR2EM7-ZlIiPFCw45qsNP92r2McGRaPM1gEOVIU53KzxlwG5Ja6cOiddg3w72JsH8b8QpViFY5zobkDpyNDFchlaf3GQ_oHg5Don6BE

Reactions: dirtysquared
That R1 looks nasty. I took my buddies down the road once, only to turn around and come back. It scared me!
Yeah, they are MEAN. I missed my R6 too much so I gave in to a great deal on the R1.

I'm in the process of doing a few things to it so it is to my liking. Tank pad, power commander V, autotune kit, speedohealer.

It had the full exhaust but didn't have any kind of fuel controller so that was the first thing I did but now I'm running into issues because I am not sure what exhaust is on it. The guy said it was a Graves exhaust but I'm not so sure it is. It resembles the ti-force exhaust as well but it has no markings to tell what it is. Its hard to find a base map if you don't know the exhaust. Also for the autotune, I have to weld in a bung for the o2 sensor and I don't know if the exhaust is stainless or titanium as they are very similar metals (other than weight).

Its got a lot of really nice parts though. I'm assuming someone was wanting to make this a track bike at some point. Brembo front master cylinder, asv clutch lever, vortec adjustable foot controls, front and back rotors, full exhaust, ohlin steering damper, penske rear adjustable shock (very stiff, I assume for the track), rebuilt front forks (stiff as well). So if I wreck it (knock on wood), it might be worth parting it out.

Last edited:
Nice bling.

Today I have to defend my title as Posey County 200cc 2-stroke drag champion lol. Last year there was a whopping 1 contender. Lets see if any more blasters try to steal my title. I might even get the GoPro going so you guys can see me stomp any 12 year olds driving their Christmas gift from dad. Can you sense my sarcasm in drag racing a blaster at the county fair as a grown man lol. I think the only way I can lose is if another 240 comes to the line but the rider only weighs 150 pounds, as they will have a 100 pound weight advantage.

Reactions: jus_me and Awk08
Went and got a oild change on my car. Oil, oil filter, washer for drain bolt, labour. $225 NZD = $164.191 USD

That's not helping my blaster build. :(

Reactions: Awk08
Reactions: Markblaster
I think these new Tyson swing arms are a joke it's scary how much support this thing has looks like its snapping one ride. And I think eBay swinger shop made a mistake no spot for swinger to go around motor.
image.png
image.png

Reactions: 79 bronco
It maybe just a stock image they use on all listings. Maybe its not for a blaster? Ask them?

Didnt even know about TYSON RACING

Last edited: