The Tavern - Your Chatter Feed

We paid $1700 for ours, and It was blown up! It did have a title, and was all original, plus I was the first one ever into the motor.

I'd say do it boss. These old classic 2 stroke quads are getting are harder to find, and youll never regret doing it. Plus it's a mean machine to ride.

This pic is from when I finished up our restore.
IMG_20140615_154451128.jpg

I offered him $2500 and he hasn't replied. We will see what happens. I've always wanted one simply because I fell in love with the blaster when I was young so now I've built a meaner one and the 250R would be a nice step up from the blaster. They are really mean if you know how to build one. Love the 2 strokes so I figured a well built 250R would be about as good as it gets. You can get more power out of a banshee but the 250R is a more well rounded quad and that's what I like because I do all kinds of riding.

That 250R is beautiful! I'd like to build one pretty mean but keep the stock look. Maybe the only difference would be arms and axle to get a nice suspension set up. It would be really nice to line up next to some 450s on a track and have all their jaws drop when they hear that 2 stroke scream past them lol

The only things not original on ours is the front shocks are works triple rates, the rear axle is some kind of adjustable one, and the Fmf exhaust system. It does good in the woods.

The 250r is a hell of a conversation piece too. People go nuts when I pull it out for a ride.

He got back to me and said the $3000 was firm. He's 3 hours away and I'm not sure I want to put out $3000 right now. I might just wait around and see if I can pick up something later down the road kinda like you did dirty. I just want the stock look out of it. The rest doesn't matter to me because I'll probably be rebuilding it anyway.

you'll feel much safer in riding boots doug !
always wanted to try those 1/2 height fly boots

Those are nice Doug. I like how they have an actual boot sole.

They are the FLY Mavrick shorty ATV boot, they actual have boot tread, and are about 3-4 inches shorter than most boots. The ones i got are new old stock, they look to be about the 2 year old version. Shipped to my door for under $100.

I must say that i am a little disappointed because this is not quite the boot i i thought i was getting!

This is the pic they had advertised!

boot2.jpg

This is the boot that i got!

104_8847.JPG

This is there newest boot!

boot3.jpg