The project is almost complete.

Jul 13, 2011
I have a great story for you guys. So after 2 months and $3000 later. I took it out today. I had to go to my friends house to test it. He had a 1/8 long drive and a few acres of wooded area. It took a while before it got good and warm and didn't miss in the tops of 1st - 3rd gear. After I had it running for 20 mins it felt good and strong, minus the slipping clutch. I have a set of tusks on the way for temporary fix. I got to ride it for about 45 mins. But I was happy with its performance. It will pull a 3rd gear wheelie easy i tried in 4th but not enough h.p. for it. I didn't try displacing my weight either. I'm sure if I sat back further I could get it to pull.
It was also my sons 7th b day Friday and I got him a 01 scrambler 90 for his bday. I took him out there this morning and it was his first ride experience. He did pretty good. He is over cautious but that's a good thing. I had the throttle stop set deep as well. My wife has her concerns.
So I get back home and I go to take my friend back home and here is a blaster on a trailer just a few blocks from my house. I pull over and give him a biz card and shoot the sh*t with him. Here he has a 280cc blaster with a custom sleeve, custom piston, 180psi, 42 mm bored stock carb, carbon fiber clutches, elka shocks with +3 arms. This thing would tear mine apart on the trails. Perhaps I have found someone that I will have a hard time keeping up to. Here I thought that I had the fastest one around, especially living in the city. You don't see a whole lot of these things with the city dwelling folk. I thought what are the chances of this happening on this day.
If it doesn't rain to much here today we are going to take the machines down to a park where you can ride. I want to pop the 48 and 160 main in and see how it runs. The weather here is 48 degrees right now.

Sweet! Always nice to find a brutha blasty rider!

agreed, but get him on here, so we can pick apart this "280" cylinder,
and a 42mm bored stock carb < not happening
he's pullin your chain bro !!!!!

glad your finally up and running good !!!!!!!!!!

I have a great story for you guys. So after 2 months and $3000 later. I took it out today. I had to go to my friends house to test it. He had a 1/8 long drive and a few acres of wooded area. It took a while before it got good and warm and didn't miss in the tops of 1st - 3rd gear. After I had it running for 20 mins it felt good and strong, minus the slipping clutch. I have a set of tusks on the way for temporary fix. I got to ride it for about 45 mins. But I was happy with its performance. It will pull a 3rd gear wheelie easy i tried in 4th but not enough h.p. for it. I didn't try displacing my weight either. I'm sure if I sat back further I could get it to pull.
It was also my sons 7th b day Friday and I got him a 01 scrambler 90 for his bday. I took him out there this morning and it was his first ride experience. He did pretty good. He is over cautious but that's a good thing. I had the throttle stop set deep as well. My wife has her concerns.
So I get back home and I go to take my friend back home and here is a blaster on a trailer just a few blocks from my house. I pull over and give him a biz card and shoot the sh*t with him. Here he has a 280cc blaster with a custom sleeve, custom piston, 180psi, 42 mm bored stock carb, carbon fiber clutches, elka shocks with +3 arms. This thing would tear mine apart on the trails. Perhaps I have found someone that I will have a hard time keeping up to. Here I thought that I had the fastest one around, especially living in the city. You don't see a whole lot of these things with the city dwelling folk. I thought what are the chances of this happening on this day.
If it doesn't rain to much here today we are going to take the machines down to a park where you can ride. I want to pop the 48 and 160 main in and see how it runs. The weather here is 48 degrees right now.

Thats good news. But id almsot gurantee that his 280cc bike is a blaster cyl on its 8th bore.

He knows an engineer at Harley in town. He said its output is 41hp. I'm having problems getting pics on. I tried to go in and edit my message to add them. The attach butting did nothing. I will try a new post to stick them.

also, get that slipping clutch fixed and i bet you'll be lookin for an extended swinger soon !!!!!!!!