The Best of Craiglist's Loose Screws

cap9709

Aug 20, 2012
Kansas
Well I was extremely happy with selling my blaster this morning for $1100 when I only put $800 into it! Unfortunately, about a half hour ago the guy calls me and says the bike blew up on him. I built/fixed up this bike and I know it was very solid. The way he started it up cold and then actually floored it all the way while in neutral (and cold) scared me. I almost said something but I figured if he was going to buy it, what do I care. Anyway he called me and said he wants another 150$ to buy a new piston so he can fix it. The dude and his friend were both a couple of nut jobs and I'm not sure how to respond? Any help thanks!

I'm not going to give e money back I'm just worried they might get pissed and come to my house and mess with my brand new truck or something...

I told him I'd have my dad call him when he gets home I'm only 15 and have no idea how to react to this other than keep the shotgun under my bed haha but he said to contact him on a different number? Weird...

tell them its their bike it's their problem unless they wanna give it back to you. and if there persistand id say this calmly to them.

well what did you guys expect you came over revved the piss outta it on a cold start which is a nono (strike 1) you probably put straight gas in it (if its premix) and you managed to blow it up. (strike 2) and now you expect me to pay you for a piston and you expect me to pay to tear it apart and pay outta my own pocket to put it together to fix YOUR problem. your outta your mind. eather give the bike back to me (for what ever a blown up blaster is going for in your area) or fix it yourself. (also there is a very good reason that most sales are buyer beware and sold as is which is what a bill of sale is for) so he cant really do a thing about it since its no longer in your posession anyway dont let this guy con you most blasters in my area go for arround a grand more or less $100 eather way so im getting the feeling he wanted the bike for less to begin with and hes trying to see what he can get for it or he really did manage to blow up a blaster is which case WTF?????

Ya his stories don't match up and I believe he just wants another $100 bill. I did write a bill of sale since I had no title and I did fill up the tank for him in order to be kind and get rid of the gas since I no longer own any 2 strokes. Pisses me off

i would tell him to kiss my ass because he wants you to pay to fix his bike because he blew it up because he doesent know the right way to start a blaster

Tell him to drop it off to you and you will fix it. When he comes for it, tell him its 500$ in
repair 100 for piston 100 for labor and 300 for being an idiot. If he bitches put a mechanics lean on it.. That the little head way lol.
If your being honest witch i believe you are you could go that route. Or if you have any doubt that something was going on and you knew it and wanted to push it on someone else, than throw him 20$ and tell him to be happy with it lol.. If he had doubt he should not have bought it. And how do you really know he blew it up. ???? Go with the first option i said.. :)

Wow that's messed up. If he bought it knowing it works then there shouldn't be any problems.