T.O.R.S

throttle override system, AKA piece of troublesome junk. when the carb gets stuck open it limits fuel, but more often then not they fail causing many different symptoms.

it does not limit fuel it cuts spark. it is set up so that the switches on the carb and throttle should be either open or closed. the whole system is a ground system and if it can see one is open while the other is not it will ground the system just like the kill switch would. it will cut spark to save from overreving on the possibility that the throttle is stuck wide open. it is junk and you should remove it.

It may cut spark, but in my case it was like it was limiting fuel when it was failing. I had a faint blue spark I thought the coil was bad first. It would run, but try to die and not much power.

Last edited:
yeah it was part of the problem after i pu the 34 on my quad, i gutted that sh*t!! minor tuning and it will be running again, thank god!

Yea when I use to have it hooked up I went and washed my Blaster. Then when I went to start it up and push the gas the bike would bog and then cut off. The tors wire got water in them and made them malfunction. After I went and unplug it. It ran fine. I would get rid of it before it causes u problems like it has to us.

Unstock240, there is no way on this earth that the TORS was limiting fuel on your bike. I am not trying to start anything, but the propagation of misinformation does nobody any good.

Take
Off
Really
Soon

as has been stated and even i know this Tors is garbage take it off and do the oil block off right after that.

Okay sorry im not 100% correct, I was just explaining about when mine went bad. What I meant to say is it was like mine wasnt getting enough fuel. Maybe it partially cut the spark just weakening it. it was running like crap, faint blue spark, i unplug and it must have robbed a ton of power. The second after I rode it it was like night and day.

Sorry to use big words Blasterboy, but even with a stock carb the TORS will not affect fuel flow in any way. it is a system that checks to see that the carb and throttle are both either open or closed. If either one is open when the other is closed it cuts spark. Nothing more, nothing less. It would have been a great safety system if it had been designed better, but it's faults far outweigh any potential safety advantages.

thanks bud any other suggestions to get more power for little or no money i just got an 04 not too long ago not to sure whats been done to it but i know it has a b1 head pipe and toomey exhaust ive had the engine completly apart and it looks brand new but i had to replace the shift shaft

Nobody can tell you a size, since air density is different in many areas. Read up on 2 stroke plug chop method. It will cost a few spark plugs, but you will get it dead on.