Suzuki QuadRunner 250

blasterman17

Jul 27, 2010
Chickamauga Ga
Anybody owned one of these bikes? One guy offered me one for 200 and it needs a starter and alot of TLC. So are they good for trails? LMK cause I figure it would be another good project... Email me at: zerofactor17@yahoo.com for pics (I can't upload them) So lmk thanks!

If its an early 90s QuadRunner, its invincible. Nothing short of draining the oil or putting sugar in the gas will make that engine quit. I've personally owned one and it is the toughest thing I have ever rode. My 06 Yamaha Wolverine has needed its valves adjusted twice since I got it in 07, and my buddy's 01 Yamaha Big Bear has needed its clutch and valves adjusted numerous times since he got it in 03. Quadrunners are beastly machines. You have to handle them like a sprot quad because of how small they are.

they are really not that good, they dont ride to nice, dont make a lot of power. they are really only good for putting around the place. had a lt230 and a lt185. they lasted a while but they took a toll on the body and really didnt have the power to climb some hills.

the lt230 and the lt185 aren't the same thing... He's talking about an LT250F or an LTF250 depending on the year or 4x2 or 4x4.

The LT250F's engines were invincible. They independent suspension and a bombproof bottom end with low range transmission.

Their drawback was drum brakes.... get the front brakes wet and they would either stick the whole time or wouldn't stop at all.

To give you an idea of exactly how durable they are:

quadrunner3.jpg

quadrunner2.jpg

It was recovered out of a lake after plummeting over the bridge out of the back of a pickup truck.

It survived, went to busco once, and I sold it for $300...

the lt185 and lt230s were similar as the lt250.
i didn't have the quadsport, i had 2wd quadrunners.
M475.jpg

Ok, the quadrunners were similar to the 250 but the qualities of the quadrunner 250 that kept it around until 2002 were what set it apart from the 185 and 230.

The independent suspension and transmission were genius. The low range was a stump puller and the fact that the engine fed directly to the wheel without bevel gears was awesome. It was a compact efficient unit with good power.

$200 with a bad body and engine work needed seems a bit steep. Can you diagnose that it only needs a starter and doens't have some ghost electrical problems? What sort of TLC?

The ride on them is like a couch, the low range was amazing. Only issue I had was that mine was 2wd. Got stuck when pulling stuff through the mud and ruts but I can over look that simply because of how unstoppable of a machine it is