Suzuki lt 250s performance parts

Nov 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
So I just picked up a 1990 Suzuki lt 250s, it runs, drives, and shifts good and is actually pretty quick ... Its almost as fast as my blaster which isn't bad for being bone stock ! Anyway I'm looking for used performance/after market parts for it but being that it was only made for 2 years the parts arnt readily available like they are for the blasters. If anybody has, knows anyone that has any parts that they want to sell, or if you happen to come across any parts on cl or ebay that would be awesome ! I'm not lookin to overpay, but am willing to pay fair prices on used parts in good working shape and am PayPal ready. Thanks in advance guys !

So I just picked up a 1990 Suzuki lt 250s, it runs, drives, and shifts good and is actually pretty quick ... Its almost as fast as my blaster which isn't bad for being bone stock ! Anyway I'm looking for used performance/after market parts for it but being that it was only made for 2 years the parts arnt readily available like they are for the blasters. If anybody has, knows anyone that has any parts that they want to sell, or if you happen to come across any parts on cl or ebay that would be awesome ! I'm not lookin to overpay, but am willing to pay fair prices on used parts in good working shape and am PayPal ready. Thanks in advance guys !

good luck finding anything. i have one and im in need of parts and cant find anything without paying a lot!

Yeah I'm having the same problem ! I plan on going over the whole wheeler through out the winter and making it like new so I might just splurge after I get my taxes back and buy new parts for it ... Probly just the powercore 4 silencer and header pipe, some a.m. reeds and go from there !

Luckily my swinger is in good shape but the bearings and everything are shot ... I got a new swing arm bearing kit from All Balls just gotta put it in, I'm hoping the inside/bore of the swinger is in okay shape. In my searches ill keep an eye out for a swing arm, if I happen to find one ill let you know man !

Cool thanks bro, I really appreciate any and all help finding parts. I've come across a lot of 250r parts, I'm not sure on what's interchangeable and what's not ... I just picked the quad up Thursday so I'm still kind of in the researching stage as far as these 250s's go !

Sweet, thanks for the link ... I would have never thought of them for parts, I did a little browsing and that k&n oil filter and the boysen power reeds are definitely on my " to buy " list. They have some really good prices !

Sweet, thanks for the link ... I would have never thought of them for parts, I did a little browsing and that k&n oil filter and the boysen power reeds are definitely on my " to buy " list. They have some really good prices !

wait a minute, is this 250"S" a 2 or 4 stroke ?
i thought "R" was a 2 stroke "quadracer"
and "S" was a 4 stroke "quadrunner"
???????

i'm seeing steel valves listed for an "S" on ebay, not reed cages

Bronco ATV Intake Valve Fits Suzuki Lt 250 s 89 90 at 09031i | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its a 4 stroke, I'm pretty much brand new to 4 strokes so I may say some stuff that doesn't make sense. On that jcwhitney website I was lookin at 250s parts and these boysen power reeds came up so I figures they would work on it ?

Very interesting, it seems that the site does have power reeds to fit a lt250s, and will allow you to buy them.

Will be interesting to see if they would fit a 4 poke.

Yeah its a 4 stroke, I'm pretty much brand new to 4 strokes so I may say some stuff that doesn't make sense. On that jcwhitney website I was lookin at 250s parts and these boysen power reeds came up so I figures they would work on it ?

it's all good bro, we were all new at one time to something or other, and have all made mistakes, thats why we post here and get group thoughts on things.
i just didn't want you buying 2 stroke parts(reeds)
for a 4 stroke(valves) which i believed the "s" was,
and wasting your $.

btw.... i think the link posted above to "parts bin clean out"
is for "R" 2 stroke parts also ?

Haha thanks that makes me feel a little better, I appreciate the help and input ! And yeah your right there arnt any parts for the 250s in that " parts bin " ... Or locally on craigslist. Tons of 250r parts tho. I decided to start over on the jcwhitney website and put in the make/model/year in myself and them boysen reeds didn't come up that time. Kinda weird lol.

I know right ! I thought Durby, the member that showed me that link might have been looking under Suzuki motorcycles or something but the search was supposably showing parts for Suzuki-atv- lt250s so it must have been an error on the website. No matter the case I won't be buying any unneeded parts for a little while, yesterday I was doing donuts in the rain and my chain jumped off due to the swinger bearings being so loose and punched a hole in the left side cover ! My fault for being stupid and not fixing the problem first, I should have left the Suzuki alone until it was fixed and been doing donuts with the blaster haha !

that would be confusing, I just did a quick search and saw 250S so I was like, wow..interesting. Didn't look to close at the parts that it listed though.

It wasn't you it was an error on the website ... The page/link you posted was showing parts for Suzuki-atv-250s ... It has 2 options, one for Suzuki and then one for Suzuki atv so I thought you might have clicked on Suzuki and not Suzuki atv but that wasn't the case. Like I said before thanks for the help, the parts they have that do actually fit my quad are priced cheap and I'm always lookin to save a buck !