Suzie 2.0

Longview

Mar 16, 2012
Attleboro, Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
My last Blaster was named Suzie, sadly Suzie was a piece of junk and as a freshman in high school i didn't have the money or the skill to fix it.

This is how she looked when i sold her... except from the swing arm back it was apart. Sold for 800 and that covered my driving lessons!

I got a job shortly after and worked hard to get enough money to buy a car before i got my licence. Picked up my baby, 1990 Jeep YJ for 400 bucks and it needed a lot of work. (Before, after)

Well Last weekend i picked up a frame on a trade for a cheap paintball gun. I've painted it, bought an engine that needs to be gone through and a steering stem.

I'm going to need the clutch size case because i doubt i can fix this all around the draing plug is just gone.

I'm going though the entire bottom end and fixing anything worn out or broke so far i've gotten everything off of the clutch side. I've unbolted the flywheel but don't i need a puller to get it off? I know there is a redneck way of getting it off but how? Also every bolt but one is out but one. One bolt that is holding the cases together is striped. I was thinking i was going to drill the head of the bolt off and once i slide the cases apart i could just grab it with vise grips and turn it. Think it will work?

I have big plans for this build. Its not going to get done over night but id like to give then engine over to Ken for some work porting, lighten flywheel, id like to go hot rod +4. I want to keep up with my buddy's on 400s/450s/banshees. But i don't want to be running 100 octane gas, i want something reliable and powerful I'm sure you guys can give me some ideas to make my plans work out.

So this is where i start off! I'll try to update as much as possible!

-Devin

You got a good start. The best way to get that flywheel off is with a puller. They aren't that much money, and you will always have it. The Blaster one fits quite a few other bikes as well.

I had the same problem with a phillips head bolt too when I split my cases. I grabbed the outside of the head with some little baby vice grips. Buy some stainless allen head bolts to replace all of those, you can torque them, and they look great.

Good luck!

There are redneck ways of getting the flywheel off but they usually render the flywheel useless.

One can often dremel a slot in a Phillips head bolt enough to impact it out with a blade driver bit.

Go with the puller. Don't use the arm-style puller as it can destroy the flywheel. I got mine for $15 shipped IIRC. It was a chance I took on Amazon and it went well.

As for mods, a ported and piped stroker with a re-cut head and airbox mods will get you plenty of power. Keeping up with the 450s in most cases involves suspension upgrades. A-arms, shocks, Banshee axle, and good tires.