Suggestion for Suspension, Engine, etc forums

Roostinshee

Dec 16, 2008
First off, I would like to say I love these forums. Everyone is well behaved, and there appear to be some very intelligent individuals. However, this has been nagging at me for a while and I thought I would ask a moderator to do something about it. Bare with me I am very tired right now.

I left the states for 2 months and right before I did; there was an influx of almost identical questions about hydraulic brake set-ups, cross compatibility questions, etc. I checked yesterday and today and it seems like the NooB's are not using the search function. I would like to propose the idea that we sticky a "Blaster training course." To get new members up to speed. Enclosed in it would be an assimilation of the basics and then some. Part of the great thing about forums is learning and sharing your experiences with others. It just seems that these redundant questions are getting in the way of the general goal of the forums.

Does anyone else feel this would be a beneficial addition to the forum?
Suggestions?

Also, I’m going to sleep been working for 16hrs straight and got an exam tomorrow. I hope the message comes across clearly.

Thanks,
Luke

sounds like a great idea....problem is the noobs will probably bypass it and keep asking the same questions

Sticter Moderation, tweak to rules?

Then we would be infringing on rights and pushing ppl away from the forums. arrg. There is a solution, I'll just sleep on it.

possibly a "Read before posting" sticky with these answers and delete any threads that ask those questions

sometimes the noobs are just lookin to get in on some attention, just ignore the ones that rub you wrong

sometimes the NOOB has a slightly different ? and just wants a response to there own question. im a noob to this site but no to forums. and if you look in the past threads sometimes u get one guy saying one thing and another guy saying that dont work u gonna have to do this.... but i see what your saying about a tutorial

Asking the same question over and over doesnt bother me, but I cant stand when a new member thread jacks and goes off on a completely differant topic.
I know it not the same subject but it goes along with a tutorial..