Stuck bearings in swingarm/carrier

pocket

Jun 22, 2010
Southwest PA
I would like some advice on this mess. I removed the swingarm and found a pile of rust where the bearings are supposed to be. The little rollers fell out with some persuasion, but the case to the bearing remains and is rusty. How do I get these out so that I can replace them? Also the carrier bearings are shot and same question- how do I get those out? On the carrier it seams that the black seals will not come out, and I figured I should ask before I get drastic. Thanks in advance for some direction here.

for the swing arm bearings i used a socket that was exactly the right size to hit the bearing remains but still be able to be drove through. the carrier bearings are alot harder because they are bigger and can get stuck on more, in the end after trying everything i had to have a buddie tack weld a automotive puller to the outer race (after the inner race and bearings were beaten out lol) and pop it out.

i use an assortment of screwdrivers, punches, the BFH and an assortment of the 7 words you can't say on the radio lol