stroker??

melonBerry

Jul 10, 2010
va
so im at my girls crib dreaming bout fixing my bike back at my parents (waiting on a bearing so i can start my bottom end) and i been thinking i had this 6mm stroker i still got in my old room. i been holding it for bout 3 yrs now. lol idk what to do with it. thinking bout my next build being a dragger blaster or a banshee motor in yfz frame. idk guys i like this stroker i wonder its potential, cuz i heard its like maybe 150 left and i feel so lucky and cursed at the same time. i know my cases would be to sh*t. just what you guys think.

Is it really a +6 stroker crank? They were made, by mistake, for a small production run.

Because of how wild the port timing gets while running one, it's a drag only installation.

Also, you need a custom spacer plate for the under the cylinder to keep the rings from popping out of the top of the cylinder and ruining the piston.

If your at your girls house and all your thinking about is your bike ? something is wrong !

////na man! her daughter up plus she expecting twins im waitin for her to fall asleep. lol muuuuuhaaahaaa. its been 4 yrs since i had it apart and now its finally /coming along. but yes i have a 6mil. i know cuz when i put in the cases the rod cant clear the cases and it has stuffer blocks. its a vito's. i had it since 09 and never thought what to do. i know its dragger only when i talk bout this but wonder how it would be to ride one with a bbk. at first i wanted to do it so i could have an official 256 displacement but many told me i'd blow my cases

hell i remember calling the guys up diamond racing and they said they wouldn't even attempt to trench my cases for fear it would mess up there reputation if it didnt hold up. lol i was like dam this is bittersweet. rare but also pricey.

Wouldnt that be 265cc?

I thought HERR JUGGS RACING used to build these or ran them or something but theyre short life spans didnt make them popular.

Id talk to ken oconnor and see what he thinks.If anyone will know itll be him.

Wouldnt that be 265cc?

I thought HERR JUGGS RACING used to build these or ran them or something but theyre short life spans didnt make them popular.

i seen the youtube clips coulpe yrs ago. it look sweet man! BUT YES SHORT LIFE SPAN. i feel like a dr. like HOUSE how can we put this in an engine and make it last longer! lol it feels like i have a 50 cal in the closet and cant shoot it man!X( lol

yea but really id hate to let it go but it seems i mite have to do that. drag blaster seems far from sight from now. soon as im done with this build i'd be training in the from september til march. and taking care of my twin daughters. sooo i cant hold on to dreams forever when ya growing up. just gotta swallow the bullet and take it head on. less i win a million dollar scratch. RIGGGGGGGHHHHHHTTT! lmao

Wouldnt that be 265cc?

No, the HJR 265 uses a kawasaki jet ski piston on 75mm bore to make it a 265 (really like 261cc or something) on stock stroke.

The +6 stroker crank makes the port timing so extreme (due in part to the timing of the crank but also the spacer plate required) that it's basically a drag only crankshaft. They're basically useless for "regular" engines.

On a side note: really? No one else can know anything about anything unless their name is Ken O'Connor? Come on...

////na man! her daughter up plus she expecting twins im waitin for her to fall asleep. lol muuuuuhaaahaaa. its been 4 yrs since i had it apart and now its finally /coming along. but yes i have a 6mil. i know cuz when i put in the cases the rod cant clear the cases and it has stuffer blocks. its a vito's. i had it since 09 and never thought what to do. i know its dragger only when i talk bout this but wonder how it would be to ride one with a bbk. at first i wanted to do it so i could have an official 256 displacement but many told me i'd blow my cases

It's all good. We like to do some playful joking with the other members.

there's an Idea larry, also I would think a cool head /water cooled head or what ever their called would help in keeping the engine cool and last longer. But yea you got a 50 cal with a very hungry appetite. you could use it but it wouldent last 2 long by conventional means.

Might take a bit of work, but what about enough of a spacer and a stroker dome head?

You would need both JUST to put the engine together BUT, the height of the exhaust port (physically inside the cylinder) plus the spacer plate means that the exhaust port timing will nearly be drag port timing with a completely stock cylinder on that crank.

Here's the skinny... Vito's made the +6, rather Vito's HAD the +6 stroker cranks made in a small batch. Apparently the factory that makes them made a mistake when they were ordering the +3 stroker cranks and made the pin 3mm farther offset than stock. Of course, this doesn't create a +3 stroker crank, but rather a +6 (3mm up and 3mm down! :eek:) stroker crank.

They weren't terribly popular as the had a tendency to implode and usually with catastrophic results taking out the entire engine (cases and all)

I've HEARD that the cases need trenching like for a hotrods +4 despite having a smaller big end bearing (like the +3 has) leaving a terribly thin case (even thinner than the +4 trenching. :eek:)

That's insane.... they didn't sell for that much new and the fact that they're not made anymore doesn't necessarily make them more desirable or worth more money. They are special use only crankshafts and not anything you'd even want for anything other than a drag blaster engine.

I would be particularly leary of one that includes a head that's already machined to fit. Who KNOWS what that head was machined for and with a ticking timebomb like a extreme throw crank, you wouldn't want to leave ANYTHING to chance.

The biggest problem you will run into with a +6mm crank is the port timing like sicivic said,the transfer ports in particular.you can run the crank without a spacer but the timing is still very high,depending on how thick the base gasket you use the top ring maybe even protrude from the bore without a spacer taking into consideration rod stretch and if you end up using the spacer you compound the problem even more.
These cranks do not require any more trenching then the +4mm cranks because they also had the big end machined down like the +3s do but will also require machining for the piston to clear the cases abdc,and of course you cyl head will need to be machined either way. My opinion unless you got a bucket full of money don't bother with a +6,the extreme rod angle with the big end machined as much as it is if the bike is making any kind of power its only a matter of time before the connecting rod spits out of your engine.