Stroker!!!!

UncagedShadow

Jun 6, 2010
H-Ville, Texas
Ok i am startin to plan my parts list for next years rebuild. I am going stock bore but stroker. I really am wanting to go with the +4 stroker from hotrods. I know about all the lapping and milling/trenching and stuff needed to allow clearances for the +4 crank. Now my question is, what are the gains of the +4 over the +3? I want to get all i can out of this stock bore so thats my only reasoning for the +4 crank...

if you really wanting to get the most out of a stock bore go long rod. You need to have a custom spacer plate milled and diff studs etc..

Ken O'Conner would be one of the people to talk to if you have questions about long rod cranks.
Also I believe blaner has done this also and I'm sure there are several others you have done this.

ok i will read This^^^ soon. Now my real plans are for a +4 crank with a 115mm rod. Only problem i have with that is buying a brand new hotrods crank and pressing her apart and throwing on the longrod when i had plently of life on the new +4 crank.

I was planning on the +4 with 115mm rod on stock bore with a aggressive dune port. 38mm carb(i want a wide exhaust port) and the dynoport exhaust. I beleive this engine would complement the +3+1 arms i want loaded with the elka shocks all around, oh and the +4 swinger i want.

that motor is identical to conquests on here almost. Im saving up for a long rod build myself and am goin with his builder since i like the performance he has.

ya bro... I feel as if that will be my dream setup... I might have to cut some corners when it comes to the full elka setup though. My pockets arent too deep now lol.

have you thought of any other plans? im trying to get parts as i go but lol im in no rush and trying to find deals.

ya 95, i beleive i will be going with a lightened flywheel. Not super crazy but enough to notice. Definately gonna be getting my head redesigned and cut as far as possible for 93 octane. I really beleive these and the above listed modds would be a strong stock bore setup.

a redesigned head,dune port,stroker,rod,carb,125 reeds,filter,pipe is one hell of a running machine but a dune port and a 38mm carb would be prob to big to ride trails.

btw you need to have a custom spacer and head cut

Now I'm understanding it I:I. Well aware of the benifits of a long rod set-up.
See, on Banshee's they use Blaster "style" pistons, the pin is 5mm closer to crown. 795 and 513 are the Wiesco no., using Banshee dome profile. It's unfortunate there's not as much available for the Blaster. Be nice to get a long rod stroker/piston and not have to do so much machine work.

Off hand does anyone know how much of the tranfer ports are still covered by the piston at BDC? Just need more to think about :D. When the crank goes it's getting a three mil from Vito's cause it's like $20 more and I could have it in my hand in 30 minutes I:I

Really love the Blasturd cause I can throw it around like a red haired step-child. Having grown up on 250 2stokes I'm now getting old on 4 wheels :eek:

The piston still lacks uncovering the transfer floor about 1mm. The vito's +3 crank obviously needs the port floors lowered about .5mm (if you don't use the spacer plate)

shadow, The advantages for the average user of the hotrods +4 over the vito's +3 are negligible. The vito's +3 does have a slightly thinner big end rod (to get the stroker crank into the case without machining it out) and lacks that 1mm stroke but it does the job of getting the piston below the port floor adequately. For anything other than an all out drag build the vito's +3 will work sufficiently and you won't even know the difference.

The piston still lacks uncovering the transfer floor about 1mm. The vito's +3 crank obviously needs the port floors lowered about .5mm (if you don't use the spacer plate)

shadow, The advantages for the average user of the hotrods +4 over the vito's +3 are negligible. The vito's +3 does have a slightly thinner big end rod (to get the stroker crank into the case without machining it out) and lacks that 1mm stroke but it does the job of getting the piston below the port floor adequately. For anything other than an all out drag build the vito's +3 will work sufficiently and you won't even know the difference.

listen to civic he knows his sh*t hes like a book lol. But if it was a dune bike i would go for the long rod unless you are trying to get max power.

Yea civic and 1995blaster got the ball rollin on this and the trade offs personally I'm probably going to go 3mm to keep it sane enough to ride a lot

I plan to get this bike as fast as possible on the stock bore. I might rethink the 38mm carb, just depends on what i tell my builder to do with my exhaust port. The blaster can support the 38mm easy as long as you have the right work on the exhaust port. It needs to be considerably wider than say an aggressive trail port.

The reason for the +4 and 115 rod is i want to build a beast just stock bore. That is until CPI customs gets their blaster big bore out to the world lol(cross my fingers).

I plan to get this bike as fast as possible on the stock bore. I might rethink the 38mm carb, just depends on what i tell my builder to do with my exhaust port. The blaster can support the 38mm easy as long as you have the right work on the exhaust port. It needs to be considerably wider than say an aggressive trail port.

The reason for the +4 and 115 rod is i want to build a beast just stock bore. That is until CPI customs gets their blaster big bore out to the world lol(cross my fingers).

yeah, im in the same boat pretty much im goin long rod and goin to get a mx port with my pipe and filter set up. I want max power wanna run with the big boys. With my weight(135) and hopfully keep the blaster around a stock weight i can roll pretty good. Im goin std bore unless i can find a really cheap bigbore.

and about the carb i believe ar striker has something that helps in the bottom end but still has good topend.