stroker crank and cylinder question.

blaster7

Mar 5, 2011
Martinsburg wv
hi guys its been awile since ive been on lol but no worries i still have the blasty,ok to start things off i had a vitos 240 witch came with the bike i did not realize that it was gone so what im doing now is im picking up a real nice cylinder and head just done its at 66.50mm so not to bad,now i got the lower end all done with a vitos +3 crank,i got the crank from schotz off of hear and did not get those darn spacer plate and gaskets,i do not want to run them for leak issues we all know about,what i need too know is can i justt have the head cut that 1.5mills or what ever it is and be done or do i need to have it port matched when doing this? also i have that keihin pwk35 airstriker carb witch is still brand new is it ok to run this with this set up or go with pwk28? i mean it doesnt really matter at this pooint whats another 200 lol.let me know what you guys think.and Thanks in advance.

hi guys its been awile since ive been on lol but no worries i still have the blasty,ok to start things off i had a vitos 240 witch came with the bike i did not realize that it was gone so what im doing now is im picking up a real nice cylinder and head just done its at 66.50mm so not to bad,now i got the lower end all done with a vitos +3 crank,i got the crank from schotz off of hear and did not get those darn spacer plate and gaskets,i do not want to run them for leak issues we all know about,what i need too know is can i justt have the head cut that 1.5mills or what ever it is and be done or do i need to have it port matched when doing this? also i have that keihin pwk35 airstriker carb witch is still brand new is it ok to run this with this set up or go with pwk28? i mean it doesnt really matter at this pooint whats another 200 lol.let me know what you guys think.and Thanks in advance.

Well if you already have the +3 crank installed you want to get the cylinder ported to match that crank. You don't have to, but it will perform better. You also need to cut the head so you don't need to run the spacer plate. As for as carb size, it's going to depend on what kind of riding you do. If you ride REALLY tight trails I would use the 28. Most people have good results with a pj34 on ported motors. So I would think if you get the cylinder ported, head cut, and don't ride really tight trails the 35 should work well. Jetting on the 35mm should be around 50 pilot, cel or dgh needle, and around 155-160 main.

thanks bud you just helped me a good bit,so to some it up hear real quick lets say i just have the head cut to clear the piston ok and i do not have the porting done seeing im going to need to be ready with in the next couple of days because my buds have a trip planed then and if im going to be ready in time there is no way i can send out my cylinder and get it back in time,so will it still run just fine with out the port matching and just having the head cut? also bud this may sound stupid but im going to ask anyways i have my cut and modded head from my vitos 240 kit can i run that on my new smaller bore and be fine? thank for all the help bud.

It would run with the 240 head but probably not very well. To large of squish and will be down on compression. It may be your only shot cause I don't think you'll get a head cut in time either. If it were me I would just slap the spacer in, run stock head and do the rest later. 1.5MM SPACER PLATE WITH TWO...

i hear ya bud,but thats just my luck there even sold out of those kits,thanks for all the info guys i really do appreciate it fellows.