Stock or NOT?

8896mayhem

Apr 5, 2009
NW Ohio
I have had my 88 Blaster for a while and thought it was pretty quick comparing it to guys I ride with on 250r 300 and 400 4 jokes. I recently tore it down for a frame off and bought another Blaster a 96 to get me through. It was giving me some issues idling and other carb issues, so I took the 88 carb off and put it on the 96. OH MY GOD this Blaster is 5 times faster and wheels will not stay on the ground.
I guess my question is this.....

Is there anyway to tell if you have a BB or some kind of upgrades, the only visisble difference is the Fatty Gold and silencer. Everything else is stock that I can tell. The 96 is smoking the 4 strokes and there is nothing to compare with the 88.

Any help would be appreciated...... I know a pipe doesnt do this much!

Thanks

Mayhem

well if its a vitos bb the jug will be a silvery grey but unless you wanna pull the jug and measure thats about it. and how bout some pics to help?

Maybe the '88 is low on power because it is 21 years old and has low compression and the '96 is running alot better because it was rebuilt in the past 13 years. And in my opinion a pipe, jets and airfilter can make major gains on the seat of the pants dyno.
I say this because I have an '88 that is a whole nother machine since topend been done just .010 over. I would check compression on both and see.

I went from a pretty much stock blaster,to filter,pipe,jets,and reed spacer and it was a great improvment over stock.It is likely that if it was ported or big bore the person selling would have told you to try to get more money.