still no spark

ken84

Jun 7, 2011
checked all my wires and grounds...no parking break and tors is fully removed. i dunno me stumpteded

If ya have a service manual follow the troubleshooting section for no spark. Can only be a few things aside of faulty wiring. There is a link to a manual in the engine section.

yea i went over it all my wires and my off/run switch and key switch are all good. its eather my CDI box or my coil.

i dont have the money to buy a tester right now. but i think next week im just going to buy the AMR Performance Monster Coil and a new cdi box. just so i dont have to worry about one or the eather. do you think the AMR moster coil is worth getting? i know the stock coil is like 40? and the amr coil is like 70 online

Wait. You dont have money for a DMM, but you want to just start buying new parts without diagnosing your old ones?

Decent DMM is 20 bucks. Its not likely your coil AND your CDI, and its less likely to be your CDI than your coil, but its also just as likely to be your stator than either of them, so you really should buy a DMM before you start throwing parts at your bike without knowing.

i know what you mean. but these parts on this bike are all stock. and let me remind you its a 96. the stator...cdi...and coil are all things on my todo list anyway. weather they went out or not. but i know its not my stator...because if i turn the light on and start kicking it...the light glows. so with that said its the cdi or coil. i redid the whole harness on it and i know all connections and grounds are great.

and yes i did say i dont have the money right now but next week i will. thats what i ment to say sorry about that folks

ok so i hooked a car charger up to my coil...and no sparky sparkyy!!!! so i got to get a new coil but its all good tho i was pissy about it at 1st but now im like ehhh whats up doc? lol

I just told him to flick the ground of the charger to ground of the coil while having the power connected, and it should spark.

Ken, Did you have the key to on and the switch to run?