Still no spark!

killswitch

Feb 19, 2011
Indiana
95 blaster tors still on it but pump eliminated so question is will tors wiring or just the tors itself cause no spark? I do have tors eliminator kit on the way but would like to see spark first! new plug tried switching all boxes pulled stator off looks good but guess I need to test it. this thing is about to get all new electric just to be done with it.:eek:

#1 try a fresh plug

ohm the coil, ohm the coils in the stator, check to make sure that all your grounds are good.

also, unplug the connector at the tors brain, and at the top of the carb and try it again

Probably not...but maybe. You don't need the eliminator kit to disable the tors....you can just disconnect it (check the DIY section of this forum for how to).

Start with the basics:

Do you have a new spark plug?
Do you have a good spark plug wire? Check for slits, cracks & burns.
Is your ignition switch set to "run" and is the key in the on position?
If no key, are the wires connected that used to go to the ignition switch?

Good luck!

Finally have spark yaaah!it ended up being the two wires for key. someone told me to bypass and hook them together that caused no spark unplugged them now I now have spark not sure what to do with those wires now But new problem wont start...cleaned carb twice / new spark plug / cleaned out gas tank now what? it has compression has spark has air has fuel so I just don't c why it didn't start even tried starter fluid nothing. Any ideas? Just checked the reeds they were fine.Tried to start again almost fired once out of 50 kicks with starter fluid wow my leg.

Last edited:
Finally have spark yaaah!it ended up being the two wires for key. someone told me to bypass and hook them together that caused no spark unplugged them now I now have spark not sure what to do with those wires now But new problem wont start...cleaned carb twice / new spark plug / cleaned out gas tank now what? it has compression has spark has air has fuel so I just don't c why it didn't start even tried starter fluid nothing. Any ideas? Just checked the reeds they were fine.Tried to start again almost fired once out of 50 kicks with starter fluid wow my leg.

did you check compression with a guage? how much does it have? does the exhuast have a restriction like a mouse nest? does it have good blue spark?

hook up a tether switch where the key was.

Ok push started or pulled with other blaster and it started but would not run with out full throttle at first kinda was bogging then it warmed up drove down road and back then idled very high to the point i used the killswitch as throttle then was smoking white maybe a little grey then i tried adjusting tors idle could not get it to calm down so shut off .will not kick pulled again started same way very high idle lots of smoke stinky ,shut down tried again back fired and wont run so I did change seal when I replaced clutch so thats not it but do you think I need top end or rings or is there something else I can do? 1995 blaster no mods and yes good blue spark not sure on nest but exhaust worked and I will check comp with gauge soon . oh and it did get hot really fast thats why I shut it down dont want further damage smoked more the second time also and worst on 3rd try but not extremely bad

you need a seal kit, something like this Moose Racing Oil Seal Set - Cheap Cycle Parts

you most likely have a blown clutch side oil seal that is letting both air and tranny fluid into the crank case. the air will cause the hard starting and high idle, the fluid will cause the smoke.

wow 17.95 no problem I will order now i do have a nice tors eliminator kit on the way just dont trust that tors. Now this seal set is it easy to install any special tools needed I may not have? New at this .. but am very capable which side am I working on when doing this? maybe I can see this blown seal before I buy? I was hoping it was something simple because when I checked reeds the piston was nice and shiny! did not look at rings yet I guess I will pull exhaust next .Oh no might have been wrong on exhaust not stock maybe its round my other is square stock unless they were all round back in 95?

Last edited:
what notch do you set the long stem in the slide on stock carb mine is set second notch from top is this correct?

leak down test is super easy, also that is called the needle, the clip should be around the middle, but second from top would make it leaner. try putting it in the middle notch.

leak down test is super easy, also that is called the needle, the clip should be around the middle, but second from top would make it leaner. try putting it in the middle notch.

I will move it now. could this be my problem? if you see my posts this is the same blaster that was stuck in muddy water and then died when he got back to truck revved high but not sure what happened as I said piston and compression good I think water got in it air box full of muddy crap whole thing covered in mud when I got it and he said he washed it so what ya think ?

you should still do a leakdown test, you most likely blew the seal.

I will do it! just was wondering if this could be half the problem? I am not in a rush this is purple and going to be my girls ride. 200 is what i got it for. complete with lots of parts and another whole frame I have the blue 2001. which I am in the process of upgrading I:I been borred 20 over whatever that means lol