still have airbox lid wont run good without it

blasterben30

Feb 28, 2008
iowa
everyone says to get rid of the airbox lid but when i did the motor bogged down its jetted uni filter fmf exhaust reeds,and spacer put the lid back on and drilled 8 half inch holes in the lid and runs great any ideas on why it bogged with the lid off

you said its already jetted but what size jet are you running? try moving it up one maybe!

you have to jet up a bunch. removing the airbox lid is a big mod for a blaster. lets it get lots of air. drilling some holes like you did in the lid helps, but is pointless b/c it doesn't let it reach it's full potential and you can still get dirt and water in the box. just rejet and take it off or get an outerwears filter cover for the top like this one

eBay Motors: EHS Racing blaster air box yamaha airbox Outerwears (item 200111182278 end time Mar-13-08 11:16:41 PDT)

although it doesn't make it completely water proof, the lid mod does help to keep excess dirt and water out of the box but still lets all the air in.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the outwears looks like a good idea if your taking your airbox lid off, i might just get one or try to make one myself because i have my lidd off for my toomey exhaust and dirt and sh*t gets in there.

I have the outwears air box cover works great but I did not have the time to rejet it. Mine boggs outwith the cover on so I am using cover and air box lid works great. I am also using the twinair dual stage air filter. If I rejet it should run great.

thanks for the help guys i am a first time quad owner and have never really messed with jetting much so i wasnt sure how high to go

are you sure you have to re jet when you take off the lid??? because that was like the first thing i did and i didnt notice any power lose or anything