Still better than 89's

Got it back today!!

I got home from school, and checked by the door, and my heart sunk when i didnt see it... Went down to the shed and saw the UPS truck driving away!

Started putting it together, and didnt know how to torque the jug, so i watched kens videos, went to town for a loooooooooooong time (it will be fun she said, it wont be long she said.....) Got the crowfoot tips, and a click style torque wrench.

Got them all torqued to 20lb. Leak tested - good. Comp tested - 135psi Not sure if i should be running premium? but i am for the first two tanks. Also mixed with Amsoil interceptor.

Fresh coat of black paint, from Ken :D (i wanted sandblaster, but black just matches so much better! )

I suppose this is what you all want...

Funny thing, the piston comes with its own little bag (like goggle bag)

Unfortunatly, i could/did not start it today. Waiting for pipe to seal. Did it at about 9:30, im thinking about 16 hours tops, but will probably be lucky if i dont start it at 9:30 lol. I know it dries in 12, but a few more will be better.

Some nice pictures coming tomorrow.

sweet !
pics/vids of your face when you feel the new powaa !

and what is this........

please loose that, before it clogs and starves your new engine of fuel :eek::eek:

sweet !
pics/vids of your face when you feel the new powaa !

and what is this........

please loose that, before it clogs and starves your new engine of fuel :eek::eek:

Gopro mounted on stick facing me? I dont think so B)

It was on it when i got it lol. I will remove it if i have a piece of gasline left

I want to ride so bad... probably take an hour to warm up and completely cool down the engine... And then i have to re-torque after 3... and THEN i get to rip!!

I shortened my pipe to short as possible. Still couldnt get it in the frame with it together! and to put it together the flange has to be loose. Worth it for the powa!

Next thing extended swinger? lol probably a car! (or fixing the ranger :D)

Got it back today!!

I got home from school, and checked by the door, and my heart sunk when i didnt see it... Went down to the shed and saw the UPS truck driving away!

Started putting it together, and didnt know how to torque the jug, so i watched kens videos, went to town for a loooooooooooong time (it will be fun she said, it wont be long she said.....) Got the crowfoot tips, and a click style torque wrench.

Got them all torqued to 20lb. Leak tested - good. Comp tested - 135psi Not sure if i should be running premium? but i am for the first two tanks. Also mixed with Amsoil interceptor.

Be wary, the jug bolts are tensioned to 18 ft lbs not 20.

After the heat cycles do not pull them down to 20.

Re-torque jug nuts.

Runs good, only problem is a slight rattle/ping/something...

So like when you are driving along, lets say down a road, at a steady pace, kind of idle riding. or stay at same throttle amount, about 1/2. Theres a weird pinging rattle. It sounds light a loose washer, but i re-did all the nuts on it...

Could it be the wrist pin bearing? I ordered a replacement tonight. I also noticed a little washer where the thumb part meets the throttle body, that rattled a little when revving it for heat cycles, but its just a lot more while riding... I plan to replace ALL seals next quarter when i have small engines, or if i need them, maybe it can be after school project with the teacher (soon) , hes crazy about small engines. Showed him the piston and he knew everything about it...

where can i buy all the seals for the bottom end? Whats the estimated price here?

EDIT: Will this work? i will just add it to the order i placed tonight http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/53/209/757/3938/31856/Tusk-Engine-Oil-Seal-Kit

Last edited:
Im guessing its just the dry wrist pin bearing... I never thought to oil it a little, but a new one is coming.

What do you think it is?

*click to play*

Sooooooooooooooooooo

No one has ANY input?

Now it only does it when its at about its hottest running temp, 6th gear down a rode or something.

Sooooooooooooooooooo

No one has ANY input?

Now it only does it when its at about its hottest running temp, 6th gear down a rode or something.

sounds like you're hearing detonation to me
has it passed a leakdown test ?
do another one !
whats the compression ?
are you running 93 octane fuel with that head mod ?

and what were you told about running 6th gear wide open down the road ?
buy a 4 stroke if you want to do that !
or get ready to call ken again

6th at like half throttle, not for long, only enough so it isnt speeding up, then i let off a bit.

they only sell 91 octane around me, have to drive ~30 miles to a bigger town for 93

Havent gotton even one tank of gas down... I need new trails!!

the vid dident come up for me.... so no input but um i personally dont go higher than 4th gear on the first tank of recently rebuilt fuel and on the 2 and so on i can naturally go a little harder untill the hours start to add up again. X2 on a plug chop when you start the second tank of gas.

It is perfectly ok to ride in any gear you care to , as long as you do not exceed 3/4 throttle opening for at least 2 tanks of gas.

A reason for keeping the throttle opening down is so as not to subject the rings to high combustion pressures which will force the new rings hard into the fresh crosshatching on the cylinder wall.

The aim is to gently ease the new rings into the crosshatching to remove the ring high spots, to make a good seal, not tear the crosshatching off.