starting problem

Josh Slusher

Jun 16, 2015
I rode the other day with my dad took it to car wash then parked it amd now it won't start I cleaned carb and checked spark everynow and agagain I get it to start but I have to throttle so it don't die and it smokes like no other.

Whats the smoke smell like and look like ?

Is the vent tubes on the carb still ?

[QUthank you Fast6hand, post: 775810, member: 20092"]I would pull stator cover, it probably is full of water from the wash. Worth a check.[/QUOTE]
Ok thank you ill look up how to do it and give it a try

Whats the smoke smell like and Iook like ?

Is the vent tubes on the carb still ?
It smells like oil/the mlt the four wheeler shop told me to use as oil. And Im unsure about vent tubes this is my first wheeler I'm still Learning.

The wheeler shop guy told me to use this as engine oil when I did the change. I used 650cc/ml

Attachments

• 20150701_214633.jpg
    20150701_214633.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 154
Here's my carb

Attachments

• 20150630_195303.jpg
    20150630_195303.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 164
  • 20150630_195535.jpg
    20150630_195535.jpg
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 128
This pic you posted is for the trans/clutch oil.. Also the vent tubes for the carb aren't there. You may have shot some water in the carb. When you say you smell oil,, ahhhh. Is it engine oil like a car you smell or 2 stroke oil? Is it thick white smoke? Any way of posting vid of it smoking?

Ok sooo if thays trans oil does that mean it should not go in the engine.... because I told the guy I needed oil for an oil change and that's what he gave me so it currently has that in the engine....

Ok sooo if thays trans oil does that mean it should not go in the engine.... because I told the guy I needed oil for an oil change and that's what he gave me so it currently has that in the engine....
The only oil that needs to be changed is in the transmission

Ok so then that stuff is ok to use? I didn't use it as a mix I put it in the engine after pulling the plug emptying it and I filled it back up to 650 cc/ml my only worry was that stuff was wrong because this was the only thing I had done after the ride aside from washing it.

Ok so then that stuff is ok to use? I didn't use it as a mix I put it in the engine after pulling the plug emptying it and I filled it back up to 650 cc/ml my only worry was that stuff was wrong because this was the only thing I had done after the ride aside from washing it.
Sorry I guess you guys call It the transmission not the engine.

Did your electronics get wet? could have fried something maybe if they had water and you tried starting it giving it power

i would be looking at the manual and checking readings on all the electronics

also, a 4 stroke engine generally uses the same oil in the engine and transmission. being a 2 stroke its only in the transmission. hope this helps

The engine is the front of the assembly, basically everything directly under the spark plug. There is the head, jug, piston, and crankshaft. From there back, whats underneath the carb, is your transmission. Thats where the oil is going. The crankshaft is housed in the same cases as the transmission, but is a separate section sealed from the transmission oil.

Ok time to rack some of your brains I got the vent tubes somone said to get and I turn on the gas try to start it and gas just pours out of the drain.any ideas?

There is possibly some crap in the needle and seat, or the float level is incorrect.

You need to clean to allow the needle to stop the fuel flow.

There is possibly some crap in the needle and seat, or the float level is incorrect.

You need to clean to allow the needle to stop the fuel flow.
The needle and seat are the top of carb that unscrews and has a spring In it. If so the metal ring that I'm assuming is the seat? Has black on the side of it.