Starting a winter build

Chris Fox

Nov 26, 2014
Austintown Ohio
Just picked up a 95ish blaster in pieces dirt cheap. needs rings but has a fresh bottom end. I plan to put a 240 piston and an fmf pipe and jet it. doesn't sound like much but that's only the beginning. The frame is going to be modified to accept the 400ex a arms. and brakes tierods etc. also doing the 450r shocks front and rear. also using the 400ex rear hubs to accept my wheels and tires front and rear i have douglas beedlocks with kenda cutter xc tires. should be a good winter build. pics to come!

welcome to Bf chris.
keep the info and pics coming on this build !

Thanks guys! I am starting tomorrow! Since it is already apart down to the frame I am gonna sand blast and paint the frame and I already had my a arms painted green SO i am gonna paint the swing arm green and the frame blue.

As i hate to leave you all disappointed my blaster project hit a major road block as i put the engine together and put it in the bike to see what i am working with i was out cruising and was pulled over and my bike impounded and i do not have the title i apologize to anyone expecting to see this thing when it is done. thank you for tuning in. hopefully a new project soon i know this is a blaster forum but i have a z400 in mid build as well if anyone cares to see how that turns out i may post it under other quads.:(

As i hate to leave you all disappointed my blaster project hit a major road block as i put the engine together and put it in the bike to see what i am working with i was out cruising and was pulled over and my bike impounded and i do not have the title i apologize to anyone expecting to see this thing when it is done. thank you for tuning in. hopefully a new project soon i know this is a blaster forum but i have a z400 in mid build as well if anyone cares to see how that turns out i may post it under other quads.:(
Man that blows! You can't get it back? They didn't issue titles for them in that year.

As long as the police find the Vin and verify it is not stolen than you can go and work on getting a title for it. Just run up to your secretary of state and get all the appropriate paperwork you will need and fill it out and have the police fill it out. Will cost you some money but you can get it back.

By the time he would get all the paper work straitened out the impound yard is going to hit him with so many fees I doubt its worth it. Tow charge and then storage charge and then depending on the county or town the "police" themselves charge an impound fee.. If you hurry it might be worth it. Just call the tow company and see how much they want before going through all the trouble of paper work. As far as the 400 build it would be cool to see that build. This is a Blaster site though so maybe not a play by play but a before and after would be cool.