Starting 97 Blaster Rebuild

Thanks just what I was looking for! This site and Kens videos have been a huge help thanks so much parts will be here Friday and I will have a video of the startup for you guys. Thanks again for all the help

Update I replaced the swing arm bearings and seals and have the motor all back in the bike. I started it to heat cycle like ken shows in his video. After the first one while it was sitting to cool I noticed some gas leaking from the carb. I need a new needle and seat so just ordered a rebuild kit and will finish the last two heat cycles when that comes in. Motor started right up first kick and ran great during 1st heat cycle. It just seems like I keep hitting little glitches around every corner. Guess thats part of fixing up old stuff its a 97. This site has been a huge help I just want to say thanks again to all the members who have provided great information and Ken for his awesome videos.

take your needle seat out. Get some q-tips and tooth paste. Put the paste on the q tip and clean out the bore for the needle seat. Get a wet q-tip and chase in down in there. It will clean it out. Wipe off the rubber tip of the needle seat. Bet you'd be good to go after that. They just get corroded. the tooth paste is basically 2000 grit. Works great. I have fixed all my leaking needle seats that method. and 2 years to date not a single drop has leaked. Best part, it was free.

Reactions: Neverripped
Even though you hit little snags here and there it is going to pay off in the end because you know you spent the time to do things right.. Much better to do it now the right way than having to fix a bunch of problems in the trails or wherever you ride.

Isso your r he man tried your toothpaste trick worked like a charm have all three heat cycles done going to run a tank through putting around tomorrow then will plug chop and update

Glad it worked for you to man. Like i said, that stuff is like 2000 grit. Spin that Q-tip like you mean business and it cleans it right up. I just use spit to wash it out on a new q-tip. I also used it to polish the needle seat, then wiped it off real good.

Cheap tricks! hahaha.

Ok just got back form family vacation to NC. I got the motor all broke in Kor Style. Bike runs great I did the plug chop and think I am a little lean with he 260. I would like to buy a 270 and 280 jet. Where is the best place to order these. I got my 260 off a member because I was having a hard time finding jets

Here are some pics of the motor apart and back and being put back together. I put new clutch in why I had it apart. Bike is running great and shifts much better now.