sprockets

purpleblaster9

Apr 22, 2008
my front and rear sprockets have play in them especially my rear one, side to side and front and back. will i have to replace both or either?

the front sprocket is normally a bit loose but the rear should be tight, no wobble, have you checked to see if the nuts are tight? if the are and you still have wobble, check to make sure the thing is truly flat, if it is then id say you got worn splines on your axle...

I dont know how old you are, but if your over the age of 18 you should really be doing precautionary measures to your ATV. Switch them both out, check for damage around area, replace.

what the hells his age matter to anything?

and i think i need to order a new hub for my diskbrake. the hubs splines are all stripped, not bad but its lose. i dont even use the brake, soon to be though, but its just anyoing hearing it rattle all the time.

ok thanks for the help so my front one should be good. if it has a slight wobble. but the back one shakes alot. could this be because i road to hard with my chain to loose? which nuts do i tighten the teo big ones on the left of the hub?

you should definitely check the axle nuts, see if they are tight. if so, then check the nuts around the sprocket that attach it to the hub. make sure you tighten to spec, see the manual in the diy section if you dont have one and if everything is good and tight, then i would remove the sprocket and check for it to be truly flat. remove it from the hub, lay it flat, using a ruler check for any dips or humps. keep us informed as to what you find.

i tightened the two nuts on the left side of my sprocket and they were loose so its tightend now. i still need to fix my chain. anybody know what i should do to get a link or two off? somwhere to buy a tool like that?

oh my god. You begin the thread not knowing what the problem is, then you become a master technician over-night and say its your hub. Most likely not even checking the basics like loose nuts on the sprockets! So your problem went to your sprocket, your hub, then you realizied it was your sprocket, now you have a chain problem. whattttttt

SEARCH OR BUY A MANUAL FOR THE BLASTER!