Sprockets!

thomas-ralph

Jul 22, 2011
South Wales , United Kingdom
Ok guys just wana say ThankYou for all the help.
I have my blaster going now.

Any way i want to change the sprockets and chain - My old chain has snapped. :(

How hard is it the change the rear sprocket because They have those metal bits right next to the bolts so i carnt get a socket over? :-/

then be absolutely sure to rebend all of them back against the bolts, if you'd like the sprocket to stay attached to the hub !!!!!!!

yes on the rear sprocket, the front....un-do the 2 10mm bolts, spin the retainer a little to align the teeth with the shaft, it'll then pull off, then allow the sprocket to pull of
install new sprocket, replace retainer and spin it till the bolt holes line up and replace bolts, i like a little blue locktite on them

be sure to look at which way the front sprocket comes off, it only goes on one way, with the built in spacer to the back, as you slide it off, look at the back of it, you'll see it looks different than the front, new one goes the same way

i locktite everything, or use nylock nuts where needed, i'm too old and it's a long ass walk from some places on the mountain
remember....blue locktite for things you plan to remove someday and don't get heated, red for anything with heat/motor